Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, now arn't you sarcastic. when did I say anything about breaking down barriers. I was just trying to pass on some accurate information that I received from the USFS.
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      <snip>For the sake of our cause discussion and involvement is a good thing opinions ought to be considered, and when somebody claims to have involvment with the forestry service hear him out and ask for his sources<snip>
      I named my source in post 23. Greg Hoffman, OHV Land Manager, San Bernardino National Forest. Greg is on vacation and will be back on Friday. As soon as Greg passes down the accurate information it will be passed along to MJR.

I am still waiting for Danabee to name his source for both the "true scoop" on Cleghorn Ridge and the authority to speak on behalf of the SBNF.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        I named my source in post 23. Greg Hoffman, OHV Land Manager, San Bernardino National Forest. Greg is on vacation and will be back on Friday. As soon as Greg passes down the accurate information it will be passed along to MJR.

I am still waiting for Danabee to name his source for both the "true scoop" on Cleghorn Ridge and the authority to speak on behalf of the SBNF.
        Fish, dude, cool off. If you've any experience at all in these matters (and I know you do), credible information comes from many sources and often directly conflicts with each other. It's the nature of the way these organizations work sometimes. There's absolutely no reason to discredit or attack anyone on this issue. United we stand, divided we fall.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Dan and Doug:

PM each other! You have both stated that you don't know each other even though you are both in the same OHV Volunteer organization. But I know both of you and you are very similar in your love of the forest.

Just for conversation sake, Dan is very active in the San Jacinto area and Doug has many years with the program. He has taken a short hiatus in the last few years, but has returned to the fold.

Please compare notes off-line and bring a story to MJR that you can both live with. I think that you will both appreciate your shared concern, AFTER you share it!

Meanwhile... I feel that the best part of the Cleghorn trail is the Sushi Bar at the end of the run off of 138. Thank goodness that the side trail to this is not in question! :wink::cocktail::cocktail::beer::devil:
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

I just hope that all of this is not an issue ands Cleghorne side trails are still open for many years. Peter Masey;s book also wrote about the side trails being rated a 4 and 8. Hopefully everything in Cleghorn stays open. It's too close to home.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Danabee did post his supply of information
              he posted his position with the OHV patrol,
              Patrol Leader
              and his Number there
              Ohv15v
              Now he being a patrol leader, a position that is hard to achieve with the OHV patrol group up there, I would think him checking, and posting would put some credo to his word.
              I have spoken to Dan at meetings in Corona for the OHV group and know he is not a ding a ling. I would put credo into his words.
              The OHV patrol group is a org that like every org has some problems, such as over zealous members, I think the original poster here ran into one of them, or was truly on a closed trail. If Danabee is Dan Ayres then he is also one of the coordinators of the SanJac region, putting more credo into his words.
              And if he is not I am sure Old Fart, another person of very good standing in the Org. will straiten him out.
              Those guys train under the forestry service, donate their time, vehicles and gas to do a thankless task all for the wonderful pay scale of nothing.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

And we got a raise for FY 2009 - DOUBLE Nothing!
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I would like to apoligize to the group and retract my statement about the current status of Cleghorn and the by-pass trail. My statement was vague, misguided and easily misunderstood. I have been informed that my information might not be true and until we get clarification from the top the status of Cleghorn is questionable.
                  Again I am truely sorry for any confusion I may have caused by my post.
                  Dan Ayers
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                    Dan and Doug:

PM each other! You have both stated that you don't know each other even though you are both in the same OHV Volunteer organization. But I know both of you and you are very similar in your love of the forest.

Just for conversation sake, Dan is very active in the San Jacinto area and Doug has many years with the program. He has taken a short hiatus in the last few years, but has returned to the fold.

Please compare notes off-line and bring a story to MJR that you can both live with. I think that you will both appreciate your shared concern, AFTER you share it!

Meanwhile... I feel that the best part of the Cleghorn trail is the Sushi Bar at the end of the run off of 138. Thank goodness that the side trail to this is not in question! :wink::cocktail::cocktail::beer::devil:
                    I'll take this one step further. Dan and Doug, meet me at the sushi bar (yes, Mike, you can come along...) and I'll buy you both a beer.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      I'll take this one step further. Dan and Doug, meet me at the sushi bar (yes, Mike, you can come along...) and I'll buy you both a beer.
                      Hello?? I've been at the sushi bar now for 4 hours.... where r use guysh?? :beer::beer::cocktail::confused2

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                        Hello?? I've been at the sushi bar now for 4 hours.... where r use guysh?? :beer::beer::cocktail::confused2
                        Nyaarrrrrr....
                        Esté en la barra de sushi el sábado por la tarde para cervezas frías mi amigos y pendejos....
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                          Nyaarrrrrr....
                          Esté en la barra de sushi el sábado por la tarde para cervezas frías mi amigos y pendejos....
                          OOoo! What language! Pero, es bueno quiere su amigos y su... otros. :wink:
                          Pero es No Bueno para mi. I am planning to 'beat my friends with sticks' on 'sábado'.

Have fun without me!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sushi !
                            Beer !
                            Saki !
                            <perk>
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

I spoke with Greg a bit ago. With the exception of a few areas (such as Oh $hit Hill), the trails and fire break bypasses are OPEN.
                              Jeff
                              OHV76V
                              KG6TY
                              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                                I spoke with Greg a bit ago. With the exception of a few areas (such as Oh $hit Hill), the trails and fire break bypasses are OPEN.
                                Is he going to let the Ranger know the error of her ways? So Mitch won't get cited later?
                                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                                MJR moderator
                                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                                Jeep Patrol Leader
                                Reforestation Supervisor
                                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                                Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                                X