This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
    Does it say anywhere if Cleghorn is an AAT and if so, who's AAT is it?
    Drifters 4x4 Club
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

The USFS has obviously recognized the trail at one time or another because during the Designation Process the side trail is clearly marked as X2W47. Unfortunately, this was called an Unauthorized trail when the recommended Plan was announced for review.
      All of the Unauthorized trails are marked with a U#### format on the original designation maps.

The saddest part is that there doesn't appear to be a real reason to site off-roaders for using a trail that has NEVER fallen into disuse. We aren't re-opening a trail or cutting a new one. 10 years ago, it wasn't an issue. Why is the trail being used a problem now?

[COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
        The USFS has obviously recognized the trail at one time or another because during the Designation Process the side trail is clearly marked as X2W47. Unfortunately, this was called an Unauthorized trail when the recommended Plan was announced for review.
        All of the Unauthorized trails are marked with a U#### format on the original designation maps.

The saddest part is that there doesn't appear to be a real reason to site off-roaders for using a trail that has NEVER fallen into disuse. We aren't re-opening a trail or cutting a new one. 10 years ago, it wasn't an issue. Why is the trail being used a problem now?

More than likely a rambunctious ranger and some OHV folks feeding off of that.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Seems like too me they wouldnt want a fire break( if thats what it is) being overgrown with vegetation anyway. Isnt the fire break suppose to be bare of vegetation?

Comment

OK here is the true scoop. Cleghorn main road and it's by- passes are open. What is happening is that there are a few people out there cutting new trails. And you know how it is, one person does it and then it becomes a new road. So all you have to do is stay on the well established trails and not try to make or continue using these illegal shortcuts.
            Dan

Comment

Well I can tell you that we were on a well established trail. It wasn't a new trail by no means. They all looked like regular roads. So if its a matter of some type of road that had brush on it or wasn't a road period..thats not what we were on. no mistake about it being a trail road at all. Seems like maybe they just jumped the gun on us.
              2005 Unlimited - 4.5 RE superflex - Rancho 9000's - 35 x 12.50 x 15 Geolanders - Riverside, Ca.

Comment

Well I have been wondering, if you were talked to, and My group was not, then it must be just certain trails.
                However, the only trail I saw clearly fenced off was Pucker Hill which has fencing on top and bottom of the hill.
                Has Sarah heard back from the rangers?
                A lot of people really love Cleghorn, and it is a great place to bring newer wheelers as each side trail has the main trail meeting both ends. You can get someone up to speed on this trail after a few runs.
                It would be a true shame to loose the side trails.
                However if they are truly having problems such as erosion then it may have to be.
                Personally I hate to see any closure but a manage trail system is the future of wheeling.
                I would think that they could not enforce this without fencing them off however, and that would be a major project.
                I sit back and wait for official word from the powers in charge.
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Danabee View Post
                  OK here is the true scoop. Cleghorn main road and it's by- passes are open.
                  I don't know who you are and where your information comes from. Please don't pretend to speak for the USFS.

There are a couple of us working back channel with the USFS to get ACCURATE information out to everyone on MJR.

It will take a bit of time as Greg Hoffman will be on vacation until Friday this week.
                  Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I haven't heard back from the Ranger Station yet.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Fishpoet, I don't know who you are either; however, with all do respect I did couble check with the USFS and in a way I can speak for them.
                      Dan Ayers
                      OHV15V
                      Patrol Leader
                      Co-coordinator San Jacinto
                      Dan

Comment

that would be Double checked
                        Dan

Comment

Easy now the whole point of this discussion is to get to the bottom of this preferably without hostility.
                          For the sake of our cause discussion and involvement is a good thing opinions ought to be considered, and when somebody claims to have involvment with the forestry service hear him out and ask for his sources before getting somewhat hostile, our cause needs a level headed approach. No need for infighting of any kind, its easy to let our passion overcome our good sense

Comment

Doesn't this topic rear it's ugly head every couple of years? I seem to think there is another thread on here somewhere almost exactly word for word...
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

These things tend to happen when you get ppl that are passionate about something. Just remember we are all on the same side and are looking to accomplish the same thing. :hide:
                              2005 Unlimited - 4.5 RE superflex - Rancho 9000's - 35 x 12.50 x 15 Geolanders - Riverside, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                                Doesn't this topic rear it's ugly head every couple of years? I seem to think there is another thread on here somewhere almost exactly word for word...
                                I was thinking the same thing. I remember that thread.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X