• Show
Clear All

• sarah
    replied
    see trail reports forum for comments.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Last edited by sarah; 02-13-04, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by cc2

There is a windy stretch of 15 before you hit the Glen Helen area but it usually is not that bad (but I have a hardtop).
    Through Devore (Glen Helen) to the Nevada State Line (I know you're not going that far) is the windy area. The other day they had wind advisories going through there. But it's been a bit mild with the wind the past two days. And you're definitely going to get the traffic for Vegas on Friday. All I can say is for those going just have a good time. We're not able to go with our windshield cracked. Getting fixed tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So far so good.

CC2, I agree with you on the 210 thing. I try not to use the 10 or the 60 for any reason. I will be going to Long Beach to pick someone up and then we are going to be hitting the 210 at the 605 in Duarte. I couldn't give you a time or we could meet up. I can't predict what the other person is going to do. I will be monitoring Ch. 4 on the way though.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Weekend Weather!
    http://myjeeprocks.com/weather/hw3.p...C+ca&Submit=GO

Leave a comment:

• cc2
    replied
    I usually head straight up 15. I take the new 210 east and connect to the 15- beats the traffic on the 10 and 60.

There is a windy stretch of 15 before you hit the Glen Helen area but it usually is not that bad (but I have a hardtop).

That new fee really sucks so I am giving it some second thoughts. I might move my trip to Saturday, even though it is a holiday weekend, there are plenty of folks heading back on Sunday and 15 just crawls.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I will be going on Saturday instead. I can't afford the dune's fees AND the club...others will just have to understand.

I just checked the weather. It is in the mid 30s at night...brrrr, bringing the 0 degree bag and a 4 season tent. And a pleasant high 60s predicted for the days... with some clouds. How is the wind?

I think we will be leaving on Sunday too. I am wondering what the wind will be like over the Cajon pass and whether I should take an alternate route around to the 15? It's not me I am afraid of...gets too bad you just take the windows out and let the wind pass on through...it's some truck or camper falling over on me or in front of me. What have you been hearing?

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    just a word of caution to anyone heading back on monday --- there will be 100,000 people leaving the dunes that day and probably even more leaving las vegas and beyond, make sure you leave early!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I spoke to the guys at the BLM. It's one fee for the weekend, they will be selling them there and there will be no limit on the vehicles.

I'm still going but there may be some changes in my plans. Depends on my co-pilot.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    we saw that coming. that's alot of money if you're not staying the whole weekend!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Be prepared...$20 to go now. See the Land Use catagory this site for more info.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by cc2
    Is there a tally of how many MJR folks will be there?
    seems like not many – only who's replied to this thread.

rick and i are heading out friday.

Leave a comment:

• cc2
    replied
    Is there a tally of how many MJR folks will be there?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Will be out there with a buddy of mine on Sunday...camping out Sunday night.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's gonna be somewhat early for me...I am going to be out late the night before (the reason I am not going to be there on Saturday). A good friend is giving his last performance on the 14th...end of an era.

I'll have the radio on Channel 4...monitor it and I will catch up with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X