Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home. What a great trip. Thanks everyone. Hopefully Ill get the few pictures I took up in a little bit

Comment

Everyone made it off the trail safely. We had a total of 6. nikvalens, bachman and eric, provelogear, seapahn, and myself. No major breakdowns. Sean (bachman) had a leak in his stearing box, I had a leak in my front axle, gerald (provelogear) had a shock mount tear off but we welded it back on.

The trail was definately the hardest this year. I first ran it in 2002 and the trail has changed big time over the years. seapahn ran it in 2003 with a stock rubi and he said he would not want to try it with a stock rubi this year, although I did run it on 31's with my Samurai. Definately worked my butt off. Tried to roll about 2-3 times, lucky me, I didn't.

we decided to do the complete trail from loon lake to rubicon springs in one shot. Took us about 10 hours but it gave us a complete day to lay around and be lazy. we spent 2 night at the springs. What a great time. Everyone put this on your caledar for next year. 17-19 July 2009.

There will be tons of pics posted very soon.
      Last edited by igofshn; 07-20-08, 07:52 PM.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

If you haven't done it, you must!

We had a wonderful time! My son and I were having technology withdrawls but the symptoms soonwhen away with the first obstacle.

Michael (son) had a great time shooting the Trail. The majority were taken by Michael (15 y.o.)

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Here is my Photobucket albums of selected pictures.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...ubicon%202008/

If anyone wants all 387 shots PM me your address and I'll send a DVD.

Here's a couple more

Last edited by provelogear; 07-20-08, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Is this trail marked out pretty good. Do I need GPS in spots or? I am going to be by there in August and am debating whether or not to go there. My friend has a Truggy looking thing and I dont know if he will have time to go with me.

Anyways some cool pics there.
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

How was the traffic on the trail? Busy out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                Is this trail marked out pretty good. Do I need GPS in spots or? I am going to be by there in August and am debating whether or not to go there. My friend has a Truggy looking thing and I dont know if he will have time to go with me.

Anyways some cool pics there.
                It is marked very well, but you do not want to go by yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  How was the traffic on the trail? Busy out there?
                  No problem with traffic. On Friday we hit the trail @ 0730-0800and didn't see anyone until spider lake (some people camping on the slabs), then we ran into a broken jeep leaving spider and we got a little hung up with opposite direction traffic at the big sleuce. Over all from loon to rubicon springs was 10 hours. Sunday morning we hit cadilac hill @ 0640 and never waited for anyone.

Comment

Here are my pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...n/RUBICON2008/

Comment

WOW!!!!

Very nice pictures. I must go there

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

great pics! i sure wish i was out there with you guys!
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                          great pics! i sure wish i was out there with you guys!
                          Wish you would have been there too. it was definately harder than before.

Comment

It's harder when you on 31's, no power steering and have spools front and rear! :wink:

Al must have gotten in and out of his Sami 50 times to lock and unlock the front hub. I don't know how he did it. I would have been dead!

Comment

Nice.... My jeep is going to Jeepers But I am not!
                              2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

This was pretty much a perfect trip (not counting the minor trail troubles, Sean's PSC troubles, and Al's axle leak) ... especially since it seems everyone got home ok.

I am very glad we did that marathon 10 hour run the first day and had that super relaxed second day at the springs.

All the pics I have (mine and everyone else's) will be up shortly (maybe next day or so) ... I have more on my laptop than I can count.

One thing I have to say is that it was very troubling to see all the excessive drinking and random stupidity on the trail but that makes me that much more grateful to have gotten to wheel with this awesome group. Everyone was awesome in every way so thanks and looking forward to similar trips!!!
                                03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X