Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years CAL City

I will be camping out New years Eve through the weekend at California City or Randsburg area. We will be running Last Chance Canyon from base camp. Also alot of play hills and trails in the area of camp. It is primative camping in open desert .
    Everyone is welcome to join for camping or day runs.

NEW directions to camp. 395 to Searless Station road before (south of) Ridgecrest go right. Across train tracks turn right and 1/2 to camp. Map to come soon. This is between Ridgecrest and Rangsburg. Hotels are available in Ridgecrest
    T
    Last edited by tjTerry; 12-17-03, 07:07 PM.
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

I'd be willing to hit something out that way. Maybe that Friday or Saturday, or both.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

TOO FREAKING COLD TO CAMP.

I could be persuaded to stay in a motel...

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

hmmmm, hotel. now you're thinkin!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I might. Depends on finances and whether the Jeep has a new windshield by then. The parts are on the way, but the windshield has to be painted before it is installed. And my brother will be out of town during Christmas...so installation could be on hold. Hell, I might be installing on New Years. Oooo not good, never do on New Years what you don't want to be doing for the rest of the year. I don't feel like repairing my Jeep for the rest of the year.

Would going on the trails be bad for a Jeep with a spiderweb in one corner of the windshield? I am worried about it spreading and I can't see. One good twist on the trail? I would like to be on the trail on New Year's Day. (Do what you want to be doing for the rest of the year on New Year's Day.)

Stupid superstition, but... I fought with the exboyfriend New Year's morning last year...and...

Comment

There are motels in Mojave, i do not know if California City has any motels. Would anyone prefer going to 395 and Searles station area? Then Ridgecrest is only 10 minutes away and we could still do last chance from that area.
            T

Comment

Again...finances and the Jeep's windshield.

Comment

I might be interested in this. I dont know what I'm doing for New Years yet
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Camp will be closer to Randsburg and Ridgecrest. Ridgecrest is the best place for local lodging. I will be camping with a big group of freinds with Buggies and quads. I will get a map and better directions posted soon.
                  New years Eve should be very lively with portable dance floor with smoke machine and lights. I will be camped on the out skirts of this group as they stay up too late for me. Also lots of night runs. It should be an eventful weekend.

T

Comment

Don't know Tom's schedule yet on New Year's day. I know mine! OFF!! Then again, I'm always Off. HA. NO, my daycare is closed on those two days.
                    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I hope everyone has a Great New Year. I will be in Montana visiting my daughter so I cant make it. I may might just detour through Moab if I have an extra day.

Comment

hey tjTerry, sent you a PM on JF about New Years. Im going to try and make it, but it would be just for Sat.
                        *EDIT* sorry, policy does not allow linking to other forums
                        Last edited by NAILER341; 12-28-03, 03:07 PM.
                        '03 Sahara, 242ci engine, 4-speed AT, 2" Procomp lift w/ 32" Dunlop MTs on 15" Cragars, Dana 30/35 w/LS, dynomax exhaust, K&N.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                          I'd be willing to hit something out that way. Maybe that Friday or Saturday, or both.
                          How about Last Chance Canyon on Saturday and for Friday some some runs around Randsburg area by campsite at Searles Station road. Or the other way around if it works better for anyone

Comment

Friday I will be picking up my air...whoo hoo! And figuring out if I can get a few of my new parts on the Jeep that afternoon.

I just wish I could find something local to do on New Year's day.

Old superstition: Do on New Years Day what you want to be doing all year long. (i.e. depositing checks...large ones; taking the Jeep off road; etc.)

Sorry, I will be going south for Saturday.

Comment

I will plan on Saturday 10 am entering last chance from Randsburg/Johannasburg Road. Friday we will be leaving camp area for a quick run to Panamint Valley and Barker Ranch(Of Manson Family Fame). This is up the Goler Wash area. Friday will be more road trip than 4x4 both paved and dirt roads.

Comment

Working...
                              X