Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    OK OK were getting away from original topic here . yes sarah is getting a locker !

Back on topic though : Tony Seger has passed , she was an Icon in the desert community , all those who can make it , try and attend .

Kirk and I will be in attendance .

JIM :{>

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    ok. you got it, one shiny nickel coming your way
    hmmm, so what do I get for a dime? :yawn:

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    me agree too. mmm, gum.
    gimme my pennies, or else!

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    I agree with Jim here (obviously, I'm putting the thing in!), a D35's biggest weakness is the flexy tubes. A truss goes a long way toward making them better. Sarah only has 31's and stock 3.07 gearing, so she is not in near the danger of someone running 4.56's and 33 or 35 inch tires. The torque transmitted to an axle is a function of the lever arm and the gear ratio (the larger the diameter tire and lower the gearing, the more torque can be transmitted). The next step will obviously be a bulletproof Warn or Moser, etc. axle setup, but not really necessary for the type of wheelin we're doin with that jeep until bigger tires and gears go on it. In other words, we are not out to break her daily driver when we go out in it. Does she *need* the locker? Absolutely not. Is the locker free? Absolutely. lol

:shades:

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    anybody got a free locker for a 30? well, I guess I could spend $.05.:yay:

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    YAY

you guys have 5 cents

Gum anyone?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    hold on.... Putting a locker in a 35 that isn't a super 35 is asking for trouble. just my .02.

Brian.
    Free Locker being the keyword here . Anything can be made stronger . Trussing the housing and maybe an axle upgrade in the future will be a key factor in making it work and lasting . just my $.03

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    hold on... do you mean for your gym shorts or are you gonna put one in your TJ? If the latter is the case let me know the details. Putting a locker in a 35 that isn't a super 35 is asking for trouble. just my .02.

Brian.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    D35 Go Boom

Pants Go Brown

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    rick and i are out ... getting a locker. :oink:

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I'd like to go, not sure if I can . . . depends on my vehicle situation

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Ummmm....I'm pretty sure bacon and I are in, it's only like an hour from us (ok, 1 1/2 in the jeep). I think we should meet the non-LA/west/north side people at 138 and palmdale road (thats you tams). All I.E. ppl will probably find that this is the best place to meet. If anyone is interested, I'm draggin bacon to breakfast at the Mountain Top Cafe on 138 for breakfast.....lol. we'll talk about a breakfast time when we figure out what time we all want to get up there.

:shades:

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    Id like to go too

lets get this organized.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We should go to this let's make it a definate plan . I am checking the schedule .

Leave a comment:

• Cetrov
    replied
    Posted by maddog_bill on June 04, 2003 at 21:02:07:

Just got this message.

WHAT: MEMORIAL SERVICES FOR THE CARETAKER OF THE BURRO SCHMIDT MINE.

WHO: TONIE (EVELYN) SEGER. SHE PASSED AWAY MAY 30TH AT 5AM.

WHEN: SATURDAY JUNE 21, 2003 AT 11AM.

WHERE: AT THE BURRO SCHMIDT MINE

REQUESTS: THOSE THAT CARE TO SPEAK, SHARE A STORY OR MEMORY OF TONIE, PLEASE
    DO SO.

ADDITONAL CONTACT: DAVE AYERS CAN BE REACHED AT 760-963-0281 (since Dave has
    limited time on his cell phone, please be mindful of that)

CAMPING: THOSE THAT WANT TO COME OUT FRIDAY ARE WELCOME AND CAN CAMP NEARBY.

Dave mentioned that he has been at the mine for the last 20 years and has
    been a care giver to Tonie for the last 3. He mentioned that the OHV community
    have been wonderful visitors.
    He mentioned that Tonie's ashes will be disbursed at the mine and back in
    Illinois with family.
    When I asked of any requests that Tonie may of had, Dave said she had one
    request, and that was for no one to step on her ashes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X