Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Jim here (obviously, I'm putting the thing in!), a D35's biggest weakness is the flexy tubes. A truss goes a long way toward making them better. Sarah only has 31's and stock 3.07 gearing, so she is not in near the danger of someone running 4.56's and 33 or 35 inch tires. The torque transmitted to an axle is a function of the lever arm and the gear ratio (the larger the diameter tire and lower the gearing, the more torque can be transmitted). The next step will obviously be a bulletproof Warn or Moser, etc. axle setup, but not really necessary for the type of wheelin we're doin with that jeep until bigger tires and gears go on it. In other words, we are not out to break her daily driver when we go out in it. Does she *need* the locker? Absolutely not. Is the locker free? Absolutely. lol

:shades:
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

me agree too. mmm, gum.
      gimme my pennies, or else!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ok. you got it, one shiny nickel coming your way
        hmmm, so what do I get for a dime? :yawn:
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

OK OK were getting away from original topic here . yes sarah is getting a locker !

Back on topic though : Tony Seger has passed , she was an Icon in the desert community , all those who can make it , try and attend .

Kirk and I will be in attendance .

JIM :{>

Comment

Working...
          X