X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cetrov
    replied
    http://www.deathvalley.com/dvtalk/messages/8536.shtml

We should all try and make the memorial when it is posted.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    sad, very sad. I think we as a group should attend the memorial.

Brian.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    thanks for sharing kirk...

please let me know...finally she and mr scmidt are together again...and they can spend all day under the shade of the tree....

she will be missed...

Leave a comment:

• Cetrov
    started a topic Tonie Seger Passed away may 30th

Tonie Seger Passed away may 30th

For those of us that have had the opertunity to exlorer the Last Chance Canyon and go to the Burro Schmidt Mines may have met Tonie Seger, the owner of the Burro Schmidt Mine. She just had her 95th Birthday party in April of which some of us were invited to by Dave the caretaker. Igofshn, myself and Reese had spent the day exploring the canyons and talking with Larry over at Bickel Camp and then up to the Burro Schmidt mine where we stopped and chatted with Dave and Tonie's son for a couple of hours. We didn't go in to see Tonie on this visit because she was resting. Dave informed us of the big party they were going to throw for her on the 26th, the model t club was coming up. Due to prior engagements none of us made the party.
    I know that Jeepgal's daughter had spent time talking with Tonie and enjoyed her company and looked forward to speaking with her when we went there.
    I have got lots of good stories from her about the history of the area and how things have changed over the years.

Tonie will be missed- Maybe we could make the Memorial when we find out when it is.

Kirk

http://explorehistoricalif.com/
    Last edited by Cetrov; 06-05-03, 06:50 AM.
Working...
X