Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3n34/t6

Ok, word from this weekends work crew is that we finally have 3N34 (Dishpan Springs Trail) and the bridge at T6 (probably not) open again. The official website does NOT reflect this as of now - I'll see what I can do to change that.

If anyone is in the area, please verify and let me know.
    Last edited by sarah; 12-02-05, 10:27 AM.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Originally posted by Old Fart
    Ok, word from this weekends work crew is that we finally have 3N34 (Dishpan Springs Trail) and the bridge at T6 open again. The official website does NOT reflect this as of now - I'll see what I can do to change that.

If anyone is in the area, please verify and let me know.
    Are you sure this time? Hehe. It would nice to run that before the snow season. Thanks for the update, and thanks to the Dirt Devils for cleaning the place up and getting it open.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hell no I'm not sure - won't be until I see it for myself!

BTW - the bridge work and heavy stuff was all FS personnel.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

I see a posting on the OHV voluteer site stateing it is open, and see where some of the OHV crew has run it, However I see no Official opening notice.
        I also see where they said they had looky loos at some of the harder rock sections, so the public seems to be geting down there.
        the pics of the bridge look nice
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Something to note:

Please do not move and dirt or rocks, boulders near the Deep Creek xing (this is very important!). This is an archaeological site that has been disturbed over and over again. Because of these 'disturbances' our forest (SBNF) is now in a probationary period with SHPO (State Historical Preservation Office).

Due to these violations (and others) our forest is one of the only forests in Region 5 that is on probation with SHPO. Because of this, one of the requirements we have is: any ground disturbing work must be surveyed by an archaeologist before the work can begin. All projects that create ground disturbance need to be documented after the archaeological survey is completed and the project can begin.

Please use your best discretion when conducting any project work in the forest. If you have a hunch that a survey needs to be completed, your probably right. Hold off on the project until it is reviewed.

Remember, one violation of any antiquities and/or archaeological laws can cast a pale light on our program and forest for years and lead to an array of restrictions on how we conduct our day to day operations.

As a general rule - if you are not with the Adopt a Trail group for a particular trail in the SBNF - you should not be doing anything to the trail over and above the minimum necessary to traverse the trail (and if you are finding that you need to do serious trail work to get through the trail - perhaps need to re-evaluate whether your rig is really capable of that trail).
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

And once again I've posted bad intel

Just swapped emails with USFS, "the road is closed until the east apron or approach is repaired"

So - for now - 3N34 is still closed from T6 to Tent Peg.

I'm going to stick to reporting BAD news - I have a better success rate.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

I saw a notice today that the road is closed.
              I am sure that info is coming out much slower than words of repair.
              every time a repair is finished rumors fly of the road being open.
              and it takes a while for the info the road is still closed to get out.
              theis seems to be causeing both trouble and confusion
              the trouble being a bypass is being burnt in around the gate.
              confusion because people do not know if they can go there or not and do.
              One thought comes from this, untill The road is officially open, being caught down on the trail, without an official reason to be there, and you will suffer all consequences of being there.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

I was up there last weekend. The trail is seeing traffic and people are driving around the upper gate. You can drive in with no gates closed untill you get to the top where you are on the wrong side of a closed gate. They really need to just open the gate. The trail looked to be in excellent shape.
                It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Traffic or not - this trail is closed. Please see my post "Splinter's Cabin / Hook Creek area to close for hazardous tree removal 1/23" in this forum. Effective 1/23, this area is closed to ALL traffic (including foot).
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Jeff,
                    Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they will re-open the trail when the trees are removed. Your link actually states the the area will close the 23rd, but I can verify that the trail isn't open now either. For now, it looks like hwy 18 is the only route from arrowhead to big bear.
                    I was looking at that land in the affected area and it looks like a really nice place to build a cabin.
                    It matters not to me as I deploy monday. As long as the trails are open in July, I'm good.
                    BTW.. the entrance to John Bull has a little snow and it's a blast right now.
                    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

The trail has actually been closed for quite some time from Tent Peg to just past the T6 bridge. It's reopening is contingent on the bridge repair being completed.

I'll post when it's ready to re-open.
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

Working...
                      X