Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are losing more roads in the So Cal forests

I have not read through it all yet but anything that comes from a lawsuit by the CBD can't be good for public access.

Originally posted by John Miller
    SoCal Forests Release Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Land Management Plan Amendment

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif., Nov. 25, 2013 – Forest Service officials today announced the release of the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) for a Proposed Amendment to the Land Management Plans for the four Southern California national forests (the Angeles, Cleveland, Los Padres, and San Bernardino).

The Final SEIS incorporates the changes made in response to comments on the Draft SEIS, and includes an additional land use zone alternative. The Final SEIS includes an evaluation of four land use zone alternatives, and three monitoring alternatives.

The Final SEIS can be found on the project webpage at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...?project=35130
    This Proposed Amendment to the Land Management Plan is part of the Settlement Agreement approved January 3, 2011, in the case of California Resources Agency, et al vs. United States Department of Agriculture, and Center for Biological Diversity, et al vs. United States Department of Agriculture.

The Final SEIS is not a decision document, and is not subject to public comment. Although the document identifies an agency preferred alternative, the Forest Supervisors may select any of the alternatives considered in the analysis.

The next step for the proposed plan amendments is the pre-decisional objection process. The objection process gives an individual or entity an opportunity for an independent Forest Service review and resolution of issues before the approval of the plan, plan amendment, or plan revision. The objection period will open in early 2014.

The objection process starts with the release of a Draft Record of Decision (ROD) for each forest plan, and the 60-day objection period begins when a legal notice informing the public of the availability of the Draft ROD is published in the newspaper of record for each national forest. The relevant documents will also be made available on the project website, and a notice will be sent to any individual or entity that is eligible to file an objection. Objections must be filed within 60 days of the publication of the legal notice.

Because the objection process will begin early next year, objections received prior to the publication of the legal notice for the Draft ROD will not be accepted, acknowledged, or reviewed. For more information on the objection process, please visit the Forest Service National Objection webpage and select the link to the planning objections rules at 36 CFR 219:

http://www.fs.fed.is/objections/obje...d.php#app_work

For additional information, contact Project Manager Bob Hawkins at socal_nf_lmp_amendment@fs.fed.us.

About the U.S. Forest Service:

John Miller
    Public Affairs
    US Forest Service
    San Bernardino National Forest
    602. Tippecanoe Avenue
    San Bernardino, CA 92408
    (909) 382-2788
    Jmiller02@fs.fed.us
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Part of this is the Roadless Area Analysis, the one I fought for and got a whopping 1/2 mile of road saved from closure. There is a lot to read here. I will do that over the coming weeks and get ready to fight the next round. Now that I've been through the process I feel more comfortable with it. I hope all of you do the same. Maybe, if I can get the time, I will post on this thread what all we are up against and how to respond to the forest service when the objection period opens early next year. The more objections they get, the harder it is for them to justify closing anything. But in order for your objection to be accepted, it has to be done in a professional manner, not name calling and cursing. They will toss those in the trash. Be clear, be honest and have facts. Pictures and reports on the areas in question help tremendously. Be nice and say thank you, even though you want to throttle them.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

so what you mean is be passive-aggressive, eh? haha
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Holy Crap!! This is serious!
        If these proposed changes take place we will lose some awesome trails. Garcia Mountain, Pine Mountain, and Lockwood-Miller Jeep Trail are just the first ones that I have noticed. The Los Padre NF is especially going on a trail killing spree!

This is BAD. Really BAD.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Jehosafat! They are burying us in paperwork... [/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            [COLOR="#800000"]Jehosafat! They are burying us in paperwork... [/COLOR]
            All my letters are written and ready to send. Come on guys, lets bombard these idiots.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This is crazy. These Feds act like they aren't doing their job if they aren't "actively managing" the land. If you want to share your letters Kurt, I'm sure I can send some along.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
              X