X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ol Man
    replied
    Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    News is that The Queen of Noisome Darkness and Festering Evil has is introducing language into the Senate's version of Cook's bill that would take most of JV away from off-roaders.

http://ultra4racing.com/featured/the...ur-help-today/
    I submitted my comments to support the Cook/McKeon proposal. Please take a minute to give her a few thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• inVERt'D
    replied
    Feinstein the evil **** at it again

News is that The Queen of Noisome Darkness and Festering Evil has is introducing language into the Senate's version of Cook's bill that would take most of JV away from off-roaders.

http://ultra4racing.com/featured/the...ur-help-today/

Leave a comment:

• Toolman
    replied
    So we " USA " can't afford to pay our current employee's, but we can afford to blow up the desert. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• socal.dave
    replied
    Expanding the base will put so much money into the towns, like it did for 29 palms.. Because 29 palms is the model community I'd like other desert communities to become.

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"]I said I love my Corps, and I do. I just find it hard to understand why they need MORE space [right now] when the force is SHRINKING significantly. MEB level exercises will probably not come to fruition with the budget and personnel restrictions that are coming in the very near future.[/COLOR]
    Cuz... "There are other options but the government is like an ADD sufferer. Focused to the point of retardation. And our politicians aren't helping. Well, some are, and God bless 'em, but not nearly enough I fear."

Leave a comment:

• Ol Man
    replied
    Originally posted by RAT View Post
    And our politicians aren't helping. Well, some are, and God bless 'em, but not nearly enough I fear.
    Rep Paul Cook has a reasonable proposal through the House, we just need to see what happens in the Senate. He is a good guy. I have met him a couple of times and was part of the group that showed him around JV. A friend of mine's son works for him as an aide here in Apple Valley. I would feel better if Feinstein supported him in this, but I doubt it. I thought we had an ally in Mitzelfeld, but he has recently taken a job out of state.

As an aside, the majority of the offroad groups have gotten together and formed CMRC to fund lobbyists and lawyers to help the battle. Jeff Knoll posted on Pirate for the need for money to continue this.

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    [COLOR="#800000"]I said I love my Corps, and I do. I just find it hard to understand why they need MORE space [right now] when the force is SHRINKING significantly. MEB level exercises will probably not come to fruition with the budget and personnel restrictions that are coming in the very near future.[/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• RAT
    replied
    [COLOR="#800000"]I've been following the JV battle from the time I heard about it while on active duty. Not exactly sure how to take that "newbie" statement. I did not mean in any manner to slight the efforts of everyone involved. From those that came out to the town hall meetings in 29 Palms and Yucca Valley to those that have signed petitions and sent in letters. I acknowledge that a lot has been accomplished here.
    I realize this compromise is an accomplishment. I just know intimately how this will probably turn out. I was stationed and trained Marines on MCAGCC for over 16 years. One "mistake" and they can shut down an area because of "liability" reasons.[/COLOR]
    I grew up in El Paso next to Biggs Army Airfield and Fort Bliss Army weapons training facility. It was the same there as it is going to be here. If we wind up having to "share", the Marine Corp will win everytime. Unless you've seen an actual 2000 lb bomb explosion or even a mortar round, the damage is over the top. So if even one ordinance round strays off course (and it will) the entire area will be shut down for public safety concerns. In El Paso, we just went anyway and would get chased by Jeeps and helicopters. It was fun but I had nothing to loose back then. I'm with the Marines as far as them needing to train, but again, the wilderness north east of the base is there and only the Feinstein blocks the way there. There are other options but the government is like an ADD sufferer. Focused to the point of retardation. And our politicians aren't helping. Well, some are, and God bless 'em, but not nearly enough I fear.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Man
    replied
    [COLOR="#800000"]I've been following the JV battle from the time I heard about it while on active duty. Not exactly sure how to take that "newbie" statement. I did not mean in any manner to slight the efforts of everyone involved. From those that came out to the town hall meetings in 29 Palms and Yucca Valley to those that have signed petitions and sent in letters. I acknowledge that a lot has been accomplished here.
    I realize this compromise is an accomplishment. I just know intimately how this will probably turn out. I was stationed and trained Marines on MCAGCC for over 16 years. One "mistake" and they can shut down an area because of "liability" reasons.[/COLOR]
    Sorry, I meant to put the quote on Bobby, not you for sure.

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
    It is always tough for a new person to the OHV world to understand what has been going on and how hard some have been fighting this issue. Do some searching and you will find your answers.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Man
    replied
    [COLOR="#800000"]Ladies & Gent's please don't think that a "shared space" will end well for us in the offroad community. I love my Corps, but this isn't a good solution for the offroad community.[/COLOR]
    It is always tough for a new person to the OHV world to understand what has been going on and how hard some have been fighting this issue. Do some searching and you will find your answers.

Leave a comment:

• Bobbynelson0730
    replied
    [COLOR="#800000"]Ladies & Gent's please don't think that a "shared space" will end well for us in the offroad community. I love my Corps, but this isn't a good solution for the offroad community.[/COLOR]
    Don't get me wrong here, I don't want to give up any of our land with how limited it already is. But correct me if I'm being mislead, the original proposal did not have the option of shared land use. My view on this email is that it's still bull spit, especially the financial "gains" in the area. But at least something is happening that they are making a slight compromise. It's not the right solution for us, but neither is the complete loss of the area

Leave a comment:

• curtis
    replied
    That will be ( we have live ammo rounds out there so we had to shut it down).

Leave a comment:

• USMC 0369
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobbynelson0730 View Post
    Is there a map anywhere that shows these "shared use" and "military exclusive" areas?

Even though this email is definetly a form email, the idea of a shared space isn't that bad. Kind of like diving/fishing at San Clemente Island. Something is better than nothing..

Leave a comment:

• Bobbynelson0730
    replied
    Is there a map anywhere that shows these "shared use" and "military exclusive" areas?

Even though this email is definetly a form email, the idea of a shared space isn't that bad. Kind of like diving/fishing at San Clemente Island. Something is better than nothing..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X