Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes from July 3 PFJV meeting

This ws posted by Dustin Webster at Pirate today regarding the PFJV meeting held last night. I was in attendance at this meeting, and would largely echo Dustin's comments. Minutes from this meeting were taken, and will be posted here and on Pirate for all interested parties to read.

As Dustin mentions, there will be much heavy lifting to come and I know that many here at MJR will want to help. PFJV has gotten the ball rolling, and looks to be the choice to lead the charge. We discussed a need for open communication between the groups, and a transparency in our actions and activities. I am confident that this will indeed happen, and posting last night's minutes is only the first step.

I will be working with Dave Cole and Patrick Cooley over the next week to gain a better understanding of our options vis-a-vis the BLM. I will keep you all posted.

Regards,

-Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow...after a rough few weeks, last night's meeting was the first I have come out of without a headache. First kudos go out to John Stewart and Dave Cole. Your actions, planning, and leadership at that meeting were amazing.

To start, John Stewart laid down the basics of the action outline he and others had worked so hard on and was posted here on Pirate. As we got into the early stages of it, John helped those of us that are newer to Land Use by offering a bit of a history lesson. Funny thing is, by looking at the history, John brought up points that others latched onto. Those points turned into possible avenues to take and John seemed to be smiling all the way. I have a feeling he already had these ideas scratching aroud in his head and he simply helped direct the group into the ideas so they could be "infused" with ideas and energy...if not, I'd be surprised.

After the history lessons were pushed onto the table and ideas sprang out, Dave pencilled an outline of attack using much of the action outline and what we left with was the beginnings of a strategy. Some ideas were out of the box, some were attainable easilly, all will take a bit more research and communication to act upon.

I know people would like a full download of the meeting and I will work on that tonite...unfortunatly, I'm on the plane to Jellico tomorrow early AM, hopefully, I can get up a decent review and get everyone on-track with what went down.

I think we can have a good relationship within the PFJV outline, with FOJV acting as a support group. It was agreed upon by everyone there that we will need the assistance of pretty much everyone to pull this off so we will call on pretty much all of the groups and users to help out in their areas of expertise.

Finally, PFJV does have a review meeting (actually a focus group) with the Marines coming up in a week and we will need followup information to bolster the earlier Red Cell presentation given a few weeks ago. Anyone that has seen the powerpoint presentation, if you have any additional information or areas of concern that could bolster that presentation, we need to put it together immediatly. I know one area that was for sure not covered strongly enough was the hit the off road businesses will take if we lose JV. There was a hint of that in the first presentation, but considering what a huge industry it really is, we need to show that the impact is more than local when it comes to industry-related businesses that will be impacted. I would love to hear from you if you have a business that will be impacted. Also, I will contact ORBA and OffRoad Business, who both have information and a stake in this.

Again, I will follow this up with a full review of the topics covered and those people involved...I was happy to walk out of there to see nothing but smiles. It was an effective meeting, but if we don't follow through, an effective meeting doesn't mean much. Stay tuned to see how you can help and at the same time, those that have seen the powerpoint presentation, get your thinking caps turned on HIGH and help us out with more info.

Oh, any ATC people on here??? As in Air Traffic Control??? I know a few of us would like some lessons on air space...as in the "airspace for dummies" version, so some of us can begin to understand as we hear these discussions.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Working...
X