Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    Sarah,

I think I'm going to attend. I've got a better idea where it is located and I don't like it. I studied the website you linked regarding fighting these projects. They have a lot of good information. Thanks for posting it. See you there and save me a seat!
    You bet. I forgot to mention that access to the windmill site is going to be through the Lucerne side. A few Lucerne people were at the meeting last night to express their concerns.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
      You bet. I forgot to mention that access to the windmill site is going to be through the Lucerne side. A few Lucerne people were at the meeting last night to express their concerns.
      I assume you're formulating a report. I'll go look for it.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Well, the meeting went allright. The seats were about full, but the room wasn't. The outrage was incredible! It was great to see Rodger and SuperMax (Nicole, hehe). I'll scan the maps in the morning and post them up.

Comment

It was way cool to be at the meeting with Nicole (Mrs. MadMax), her baby girl, and Rick & Sarah! All I can say about them is: THEY ROCK!

The meeting was okay. About what I expected. If more people in the High Desert don't start opposing project's like these, our way of life will come to screeching halt.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

WOW!! I just talked to the Daily Press. The newsroom hadn't even heard of this issue yet! I'm shocked that with all of the people at the meeting complaining getting worked up that not one person has called the newspaper. Here's the number, I guess I'll have to call the other locals too!

Daily Press
            241-7744

Comment

Hesperia Star (won't cover the story because they only do Hesperia, heh, but bug them anyway!)
              760-956-STAR

I also left a message with Staff Writer:: David Heldreth - (760)256-4122 at the Barstow Desert Dispatch.

K-FROG 103.1
              (760) 244-2000

If you have any other radio #'s please let me know.
              Last edited by sarah; 03-21-08, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The Daily press just bought the local Lucerne paper and I just left a message for the new editor to call me back. I gave a brief rundown of all that is happening to our beloved desert.
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Excellent! Here's another link I found: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/ene...dprojects.html

If you want to share the # to the paper I will call too.

Comment

Thanks Sarah...copied your post to VV4W

Comment

hey, we should let the papers know about Johnson valley as well... bug them a lil',....
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                        Excellent! Here's another link I found: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/ene...dprojects.html

If you want to share the # to the paper I will call too.
                        The Lucerne Valley Leader
                        Editor: Katherine Rosenberg
                        Phone: 760.248.7878
                        email: katherine@lucernevalleyleader.com
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Hi
                          I just registered because of this issue. Could you folks please explain to me all the negatives to this proposed project. I understand the impact of the windmills on the view, but will the project close areas to public access? Are there other objectionable impacts?
                          Thanks Brad

Comment

Here are my thoughts

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Hi
                            I just registered because of this issue. Could you folks please explain to me all the negatives to this proposed project. I understand the impact of the windmills on the view, but will the project close areas to public access? Are there other objectionable impacts?
                            Thanks Brad
                            The High Desert Renewable Energy Campaign in response to several state statutes and federal policies, believes San Bernardino County's vast acreage of, what they call "Undeveloped land"- what I call BLM PUBLIC LAND- provides considerable opportunity for renewable energy. Their plan includes gaining "The Right Of way" to over 290,000 Acres of BLM land! This Granite Mountain Wind Farm will be the some of the first 80 Acres you WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY MORE! They are taking OUR LANDS.

Twenty eight 415 Ft. high wind turbines will be visible to many Apple Valley and Lucerne Valley residents. This can't possibly NOT effect the value of your house. I already have enough "decline in value", I don't wish to have "LESS", Thanks.
                            There are also concerns about the impact that construction, traffic, and visual pollution like the over head transmission lines will have on our communities...all for now.
                            My favorite quote so far:

It's NOT like riding a bike and leaving the car in the driveway .... Wind energy on the grid is more like riding a bike and having someone follow you in the car in case you get tired.
                            — Eric Rosenbloom, Vt.

Best, Max7
                            Last edited by Max7; 03-24-08, 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling and punktuation, added
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Hi
                              Thanks Brad
                              Hi Brad, welcome and thanks for joining. I know you live in Hesperia but it might be worth a trip to the next Apple Valley town hall meeting. If this project is allowed to be built, you know for sure we'll see windmills all over this valley. I'll try giving town hall a call tomorrow to see if this is on the agenda... hope so.

Comment

I started an online petition, since the Johnson Valley petition seemed to be very successful. Please sign! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/granitemountain/

Comment

Working...
                                X