Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk'n for Boobies!!

Dear Fellow Offroaders:

I am participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day on November 9-11. I will walk 60 miles over the course of the three days and spend 2 nights in a tent in a mobile city with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

I have agreed to raise at least $2,200 in donations. Therefore, I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Please keep in mind how far I am walking -- and how hard I will have to train. I walk because I do not have breast cancer. I walk because I am blessed that breast cancer does not run in my family. I walk because I have a grandmother, mother, sister, daughter, and a niece.

I have been an offroader for over ten years and have seen the generosity of our community to other worthy charities. According to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, approximately 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That is why I am walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you will share this incredible adventure with me -- by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

To donate it’s as easy as visiting my web site, just a few clicks away.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,

Patti Johnson

http://www.the3day.org/SanDiego07/pjohnson

Cool deal!!! I am hoping to walk the 3-day in 2009!! I just got done volunteering at the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco. The 22,000 participants raised $18.5 million for blood cancer research. My funds are pretty much tapped from this event. Good luck on your fundraising and walk!!

Comment

OK Patti it is on it's way. I challenge all to pledge a buck a mile!!
      Dan
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danabee View Post
        OK Patti it is on it's way. I challenge all to pledge a buck a mile!!
        Dan
        Dan,
        I can't meet your challenge, but I did put a little something in the kitty.

Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Donation for boobies

Patti,
          I have not been on this board for awhile, but this was something I was kind of looking for to donate to. Gift is processed and good luck on your walk!!
          BullDog Dave
          Keep the rubber side down (mostly)
          1975 CJ-5 (Partially)

Comment

I would like to thank those that have taken the time to read my message and express my gratitude to those that were able to donate. I've been able to raise $920.00 so far of the $2,200 I need to raise. Even if you are unable to donate, please come out and cheer us on. There will be thousands of us walking all over San Diego. By the third day our feet and body’s are sore and we get inspired to continue by seeing and feeling everyone’s support.

I have a t-shirt I wear that I write all the names of the breast cancer victims that I'm walking for. If you have been touched by this horrible disease - please reply with her name and I will add it to my shirt. I sincerely hope this disease will end with our generation and our children will not have to walk to raise money to fight it! No one will lose their wife, mother, aunt, cousin, niece, or daughter to breast cancer.

Sincerely-
            Patti Johnson

http://www.the3day.org/SanDiego07/pjohnson

Comment

Working...
            X