Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Jeep® come up with next? Sheesh.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will Jeep® come up with next? Sheesh.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0411172328&e=4
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Re: What will Jeep® come up with next? Sheesh.

That is just sick and wrong. It hurts my eyes. How can we find the pinhead that came up with that one? He needs to be tied between two Jeeps and their owners told there is a free winch down the trail.

Comment

for those of you too lazy to click that link...:

DaimlerChrysler's Jeep Treo is shown in this artist handout released Monday, Nov. 17, 2003. The smallest of Detroit's Big Three automakers showed off three concept vehicles, two from Jeep and one from Dodge, that could become production models in coming years. (AP Photo/DaimlerChrysler, ho)

And yeah...it does hurt my eyes too...:-p
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

speaking of concept vehicles... is anyone else planning on going to the Greater LA Auto Show in January? I'm going on Tuesday Jan. 6th

Comment

At least it comes with tow hooks

Yes, it is a visual abomination.

Having said that, fender trimming won't be necessary, just unbolt the flares and increase backspacing.

Missing a SFA, but that's been gone since 2002 and the Liberty.

Mid-engine design?
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

It's got trail ready written all over it. ::hurl::

Comment

This looks alot like D/C's electric "Golf-cart" vehicle, and I wouldn't be suprised if it was built on the same platform. Its the jeep for those retirement communities built around golf courses in southern Florida. I can see it now, the jeep for arthritic geriatrics... "Get in the jeep, Gertie. We're gonna cross that fairway and go all the way to hometown buffet. I don't care what the nurse says, we're eatin' semi-solid food tonight!"
              It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
              and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                speaking of concept vehicles... is anyone else planning on going to the Greater LA Auto Show in January? I'm going on Tuesday Jan. 6th
                Yep...go every year. I get two tickets from my office and can take one person with me or pass my extra along...whichever.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
                  "Get in the jeep, Gertie. We're gonna cross that fairway and go all the way to hometown buffet. I don't care what the nurse says, we're eatin' semi-solid food tonight!"
                  Honey, stop talking about my grandma Gertrude!! Gertie! Then again she does eat semi - solid food! Anyways, that Jeep looks ugly, but that's my opinion.
                  1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                  Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I think if you were to lose the IFS/IRS, taper the bottom of the body in, instead of out, lose the goofy tail light/wing things they got going on, put on some bigger fenders (to make room for, say, 35" tires), add some sliders and a decent drivetrain, then it would be cool. Still ugly, but in a cool way.

But then again, 'yall know I'm kinda wierd like that.
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

to me it looks like a toy. like something you might buy your 5 year old to ride around the backyard in. or maybe the new series of matchbox cars by jeep. maybe it's all of that cold weather back there in michigan disrupting their brains.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

You can tell a kid from some Pacific Rim design school still trying to impress a professor he/she had a crush on designed this thing. The person has never been off the pavement - even on foot. The person has no kids and doesn't haul any more groceries than a couple of packages of tofu and a cup of Starbuck's latte.

Now you get a person who wheels, say Eric or Kirk or Chris or Al or Rick, and the vehicle that would come out would be a beast to be respected. It would come from the factory with 35" tires and lockers and lift and... Guys, finish this for me. I don't feel like typing it all. (I couldn't remember all the Go Tough Goodies if I tried.)

Comment

Working...
                        X