• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    well then, make your vote!
    i voted calico, and there is still only one vote.... make your mark
    It says I voted. I don't remember voting. But then, I am fuzzy on a lot of details. :confused:

Leave a comment:

• SCF
    replied
    Sh!thead..err, I mean Leah.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by qwiksilver
    I changed my mind... Calico. She's not blue enough to be a Skye.
    well then, make your vote!
    i voted calico, and there is still only one vote.... make your mark

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by king4wd
    She does have almost the exact same coloration as our calico kitty "Xena", but I still think she's a Rubi
    I changed my mind... Calico. She's not blue enough to be a Skye.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    here is the dog, after seeing this you may say "calico."

oh yeah, and i changed my mind about the dog's name.
    Iiiiiiiiiiiit's BACON!
    She does have almost the exact same coloration as our calico kitty "Xena", but I still think she's a Rubi

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    calico gets my vote. or calico kitty

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by qwiksilver
    Skye. As in Isle of Skye off the coast of Scotland. It's a good name for a herding dog.
    That name just doesn't fit her though She's more like a "nosey" little doggy, but very, very, very cute! I now change my vote to Patches even though I still like Rocksie.

What happened to this thread? It went from naming this dog to bashing Coors?

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    here is the dog, after seeing this you may say "calico."

oh yeah, and i changed my mind about the dog's name.
    Iiiiiiiiiiiit's BACON!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Skye. As in Isle of Skye off the coast of Scotland. It's a good name for a herding dog.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    If it's a boy I vote for Jack. That way Jill will have someone to fetch a pail of water with. :yay:
    AWWW ... it's a girl, but Jackie works!!

JACKIE!!

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    I grew up not far from there myself. I used to walk past the ceramics plant on my way to junior high then over to coors to catch a ride home with my mother. My grandparents still live up on N. Ford (on the other side of "the hill"). Have you been through there in the past few years? That town is getting BIG!

I have alot of family members that worked for them (mother--now paralized because coors would not abide by her doctors orders concerning her work conditions--"either do your job or find another"--despite the fact that the methods used were proven to cause repeditive stress disorders), father (who was fired because he refused to be put on call 24/7 without any compensation), Grandfather who liked adolph but couldn't stand the way Pete treated his employees, so he left, several aunts/uncles/cousins and many aquintences who can't stand the working conditions. One of them (was a temp-to-hire) was fired because he didnt' show up for work two days in a row--due to JURY DUTY. Coors told him to either get out of jury duty, or he wouldn't have a job when he got back. It was illegal for coors to do what they did, but they have deep pockets, their employees don't. Another was fired because he let a kettle boil over--problem was, his supervisor told him to leave the damn kettle and go do something else, despite being told that it needed to be watched so it didn't boil over. Many people were forced to work over 60 days in a row--no days off--despite colorado law that required it--or be let go (they were all temps in the early 80's). The list goes on and on. So I stand by my statement, coors sucks (among other things)

Now I'm sure that there are some good people there, and they do provide the community with alot of jobs. But my experience has been that coors is overall a f****d up place, more so than most other large businesses. The way they abuse their employees is a crock of s**t. So I won't support them in any way (even by naming a dog after them--unless I didn't like the dog ).
    Last edited by goodtimes; 11-02-03, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Lets just say that Coors is far from the top of the list of "companies to work for".
    I grew-up about seven miles from the Coors brewery in Golden, and I knew many, many people that worked there their entire adult lives, and loved it. They treated my brother extremely well when he was an employee at the brewery. The only people that I ever knew that didn't like working for Coors were the ones that got fired and replaced when the Teamsters tried to take over the brewery in the seventies. As I recall, Pete Coors' statement to the press was that no union was ever going to run his company as long as he was alive. He gave the employees that didn't strike, and that were hired as replacements everything the union wanted, and more; he just didn't tolerate disloyal employees (and I don't blame him)...

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    calico is cool, rubi works too. is it a boy or girl puppy? If it's a boy I vote for Jack. That way Jill will have someone to fetch a pail of water with. :yay:

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    [edit] I'll save you the soapbox that was here a minute ago. Lets just say that Coors is far from the top of the list of "companies to work for".

[edit #2] Ok, I'm just gonna go 100% politically correct here, and leave this comment out too [/edit #2]

Coors sucks, plain and simple. [/edit]

I do like dogs though....dogs rock! Is that by chance one from the pound? Dogs from the pound rock too!

Ok, I think either Calico or Rubi.

Congrats on the new jeep dog!
    Last edited by goodtimes; 11-02-03, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    With those blood-red eyes, I'd say perhaps "Cujo" might be more appropriate (or, the way the dog is going for the beer maybe "Booze-Hound")...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X