Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I doubt that any negative feedback you may be getting may be directed at you personally; it's more towards anything with the "Rubicon" moniker.

For some reason the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon seems to have elicited a love/hate relationship among many Jeepers. While I don't know of anyone that can deny that Jeep has engineered and built the most trail ready production rig ever, the same people that admire the Rubicon for all of it's trappings also resent it due to the deeply founded belief that "Real Jeeps aren't bought, they're built".

I don't know why this situation seems to exist. In my mind, if you can afford an AEV Rubicon, then good on you. Who am I, or anyone else to harbor ill feelings towards anyone for having good financial fortune. Besides, not everyone can wield a wrench, and build a competent trail ready rig themselves...

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    what/s AEV? lol
    American Expedition Vehicles

VERY drool-worthy rigs

www.aev-conversions.com

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    I might sound a little off, but what is a MP3 cab? I've never heard of it. BTW, Bumpy welcome to MJR. You'll see a king4wd2 (that's me Sandra) and King4wd (that's my hubby Tom). You should gloat! There is no fine line, as far as I'm concerned. I was gloating we have a 1998 Jeep Wrangler SE, 2003 Dodge Neon R/T, and a house that's 2 years old and we are the proud first time owners of it. Yes, we have kinda fallen on hard times, but glad to see others being able to get what they want. We will be able to get more of the stuff we want when the time is right and are fortunate to get it. In my eyes and opinion, that if you want it, God will provide. I've been through it enough to know he will provide, it will be in his timing. Sorry about the preaching! I'll refrain from anymore sermons.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    what/s AEV? lol
    i was thinking the same thing :confused:
    but.... i think it is cool to talk about your great fortune.
    how DO you do it, anyway? (i'll be the one to ask) either way... good for you. not everyone is happy to see their friends "come up" when they are left behind.
    envy, jealousy, and things like that come into play... good for you, man... i'm happy to see people get what they want.

Leave a comment:

• CMeTopless818
    replied
    Nothing wrong with anyone wanting to share good news about what they just bought etc. it's so much better than bad news. Congrats on the Rubi

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    what/s AEV? lol

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    hey if you get something cool id sure wanna hear about it, just as if i got something cool i bet you would wanna hear about it. so dont worry about talkin about your new rubicon, just maybe refer to it as "my rubicon" not my NEW rubicon" then it will be good

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    I would be excited too!I cant wait to lay eyes on your AEV rubi!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE EXCITED, and share your news. You worked hard to get where you are, and we're all proud of you.

Leave a comment:

• Bumpy
    started a topic What is the fine line between...

What is the fine line between...

Kinda a serious question:

What is the fine line between bragging/gloating & being excited about your fortunate situation (eg. new cars, etc.) ?

Just wondering because ( I would like the THANK ALL YOU guys for your nice responses to my posts, unlike other friends on another posting board) on a posting board I have real friends I have met in person with, no one except for maybe 2 people respond to any of my posts anymore...not even posts to say I arrived in AZ safely

I understand that most of my friends on that board are going through some rough times in their lives, like many of us are or have. I don't feel like I've gone out & done the "nana-nana-boo...I'm getting this & your not" thing, but I am just damn excited about getting & ordering my AEV Rubicon, moving into a nice house in AZ (being closer to family) & having one of my dream cars on order.

You guys & others on other posting boards have been nothing but welcoming & nice to communicate with...

Do you feel I've come off that way? If so, I'm sorry. But were does that line fall? Just because, I've known these people for almost 2-3 years now & they know me pretty well & know that I'm not like what they might be thinking now. Kinda feel I need to stop being on that posting board

P.S. I don't even use a signature on that posting board anymore & NEVER added about my car in that signature.
Working...
X