Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Sarah, if you want to see some of the cool Military stuff that was and is available go visit Beachwood Canvas . They sell a lot of cool military stuff, both New and NOS (New Old Stock, never been used). I bought a winch cover for my PTO from them. What I really want, is a windshield cover. It was a canvas cover that went over the windshield when it was folded down, that way there wasn't a reflection from the windshield for an overflying plane to see, I think it does have a star though.

Anyhoo........

Erik

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    wow, erik, you can measure the star for me too!! j/k
    if you go by it again, snap a pic, we'd love to see it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You're green is close Sarah, but not quite dark enough. There is one of the "Willys" TJs at America Jeep here in Westerly. I think I might go snap a pick and post it for all to see. It's ridiculous looking, with itty bitty little street tires, they should've at least put some 16x7 Non-directionals on it to make it look kinda authentic. Goofy looking vehicle.

Erik

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    true. they should've taken a TJ (round headlights) and put leafs under it. of course, no one would've bought it.
    but you forgot about that star on the front hood. that is a really cool star! my jeep looks like the right color green, let's slap a star on mine and make the pre-production model willys!! :yay:

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    nope, i'm going to hold you to that!
    hey ill put an MJR sticker on my jeep!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Coal Creek? Which Coal Creek? I grew up in Coal Creek Canyon (Colorado).
    I was born and raised in Arvada! I went "break-dancing" down Coal Creek canyon at about 80mph once (in 1976, near Wondervu) when I lost control of a Kawasaki H-1; it cost me the bike, and two weeks in the hospital...

We were in the creek in the neighborhood of Pinecliffe, if I remember correctly...

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by PRegner
    ....my dad made us do that after we told him we drove down the middle of Coal Creek for nearly a mile in water up to our chests....
    Coal Creek? Which Coal Creek? I grew up in Coal Creek Canyon (Colorado).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Actually, if they would resurect the MB tub, on a boxed frame with leaf springs and the Rubicon axles and the 2.4L four banger in it, I would more than likely buy it.

My brother had a '43 GPW as his first vehicle (mighty close to an MB), and we had a blast with that thing. It was pretty much stock and would go just about anywhere we pointed it (within reason). We only used the fording gear once though; it was too much work replacing all of the differential and transmission fluids, and re-packing all of the wheel bearings (my dad made us do that after we told him we drove down the middle of Coal Creek for nearly a mile in water up to our chests).

Ahhh...the memories...

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    true. they should've taken a TJ (round headlights) and put leafs under it. of course, no one would've bought it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think I'm going to gag. It's nothing more than a TJ with green paint, and a sticker that says "Willys" on it. I lump it into the same catagory as the "Tomb Raider" special edition (which looks like it was driven down the "crap" aisle at Pep Boys, and everything it passed stuck to it). If they are going to call something a Willys, then it should be more like a classic Willys; not just a run of the mill TJ with a different paint scheme, and a decal...

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    hahaha. they should let US design the next jeep.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    YAY!!! it's a green sport with stickers!!!:yay: I love stickers.
    Yea, but the added some of the crappy rubicon rocker guards....

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    nope, i'm going to hold you to that!

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    it's called sarcasm girl.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    YAY!!! it's a green sport with stickers!!!:yay: I love stickers.
    good, i'll send you an mjr sticker to put ON YOUR JEEP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X