This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV kicks ass and takes names

a few of us from various boards got together for some fun in johnson valley. we managed to get in a few trails, and had a great time.
    the trails we ran were:
    Claw Hammer
    After Shock
    Upper Big Johnson
    Outer Limits

our group consisted of myself, mrblaine, and his wife kat, matt pascoe, joe dillard, his son rusty, sergey his bro steve, blk tj-brian, sarah and jeff.

the first day went great. no real damage was had. one u joint cap, and a few dents and dings was about it.

the second day on outer limits wasnt as kind. there were a lot more dents, and scrapes. then there was a warn premium hub that had some difficulties. after about a mile into the trail, matts rear diff let out a bang. not the good kind like an axle shaft... but the bad kind like a pinion, or some bearing caps.

there were still about 2 miles of trail left at this point. it was a winch fest until well after dark. it is great to have a group spring into action and work their asses off to get a friend and fellow jeeper out of trouble. as is always the case, we got the disabled jeep off of the trail, and back to camp.

what a wonderful weekend!

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8036.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8057.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8083.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8125.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8155.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8165.JPG[/sized]

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8011.JPG[/sized]

THE REST OF THE PICS ARE HERE.

[sized]http://www.pierviews.com/photogallery/jv%20shake%20down%20run%2005/tn_IMG_8183.JPG[/sized]

AND! of course sarah has set a new precedent by being ready to hit the trails on time. great job sarah! by the way, rick.. about those 5-1 odds. :yay:
    Last edited by sarah; 11-07-05, 09:08 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Eric

Nice pics. It would be nice if our jeep is setup to run JV next year.
    We do have a long list of mods planned yet. So, someday, we will get it done.

Todd & Teresa
    Navy-Jeepster
    Gold Digger
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. Too busy packing up all the left over food from the party that "debs friends" showed up for. Actually, out of 100 or so invites, I did have 5 of my friends show up.
      ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
      00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
      97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Crap Chris, I forgot all about the party. Between Sam and I we've been down with a nasty cold for 2 weeks now.
        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Kickass! I want to check out JV bad! Driver and jeep dont quite have the cajones to do it just yet. If you guys plan on going out there any time soon and dont mind me riding shotgun, let me know.
          Last edited by Sully; 11-07-05, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_L
            Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. Too busy packing up all the left over food from the party that "debs friends" showed up for. Actually, out of 100 or so invites, I did have 5 of my friends show up.
            Nice bunch.:sad:

Now you know who your real friends are.

Comment

chris, i thought we had an understanding. i know i called and explained my situation with you about not being able to make it to your party, and i am quite sure that others did as well. i am a bit disappointed to see this being brought up on a public internet forum. my phone worked when it called you to explain the circumstaces. it seems to still be working now, as i have been receiving calls all morning. just a bit unsettled at the least that you would put this in an open forum.

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
              Nice bunch.:sad:

Now you know who your real friends are.
              now this one... i am really not too sure how to react to. do you even know chris L? were you a part of the conversations that took place before the party?
              it baffles me how you can come into something you know nothing about and spout this stuff.
              i saw this when you posted it, and simply did not know how to react to it. you are out of line with this remark.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Public forum reply...

At the risk of sounding really stupid, I'll try to explain how I feel. I really don't want a pissing match, I'd rather just get along and have some new friends that are into jeeps and runs. So after you read my response, please accept my apologies if you still think I'm out of line.

I've known about ChrisL's party for weeks. No, I wasn't invited, nor was I invited to 'your' run. Nor was I a party to the conversations. That's all really besides the point from my standpoint, but maybe I'm just butting in because of those reasons.

However, as you mention, it's an open forum. And evidently Chris has feelings hurt enough to make a comment. Or maybe he's just razzing you in a public forum. But I felt for him because he invited a whole bunch of people with a common interest that he felt were his friends. Basically none of them were really interested or they would have shown up. Everyone has excuses, but if you think they're friends but they're really not then you can't expect that they'll show up. If MY friend was having a party I would show up for it, it's that simple. Whatever other activities all those 100 people had going on that day was more important to them. That is my opinion and the resultant comment, out of line or not.

I also relate to Chris' comment because it's indicative of a general attitude of this group. I'm not pointing at you, Erik, it's just how I felt when I read his comment. No one seems to be interested in participating in anything unless they make the arrangements themselves. I have posted at least three or four weekend trips as an invite to anyone (my friends at MJR) that wants to join in. Take a look at my Thanksgiving post. It's quite open-ended, an opportunity for ANYONE to say "okay, we're planning such and such, wanna do that?" But no, there are more than 150 reads and no posts. No, I don't expect everyone to post an invite to everything they're doing; if anyone thinks that they're missing my point.

In my experience this is not how a club is supposed to work, and it's not how friends treat friends. Yes, I'm a little disapointed. I know, you can't get people to do something they don't want to do. I just think there could be a little more comraderie and genuine interest in others. Maybe some more of you think I'm out of line. I think it's just my opinion and an expression of how I felt, prompted by someone elses comment.

Comment

Holy SHIT! Its out of control!!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

So after you read my response, please accept my apologies if you still think I'm out of line.
                    Yes, I'm sorry, but I still think you're out of line. [/end novel]
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yup......

Jason
                      The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Erik, that was NOT intended towards you or anyone else for that matter. Hell, it was only our wedding party that we asked our good friends to attend and celebrate with us. No biggie.
                        ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                        00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                        97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

At the risk of sounding really stupid, I'll try to explain how I feel. I really don't want a pissing match, I'd rather just get along and have some new friends that are into jeeps and runs. So after you read my response, please accept my apologies if you still think I'm out of line.
                          I love it when folks try to hedge their bets with oxymoronic statements. If you didn't want a pissin match, you'd of cut your fingers off instead of using them to spew this crap. But since you did, let's dance. If you'd rather get along instead of starting some crappy drama, you got a damn funny way of going about it.

I've known about ChrisL's party for weeks. No, I wasn't invited, nor was I invited to 'your' run. Nor was I a party to the conversations. That's all really besides the point from my standpoint, but maybe I'm just butting in because of those reasons.
                          You should just quit right there. You are butting in and it's patently none of your concern. You gave all the reasons to just STFU and go away, you should have paid attention to them. This is clearly none of your concern for the reasons you stated. BTW- The run was mine. I needed a shakedown after several months of build-up because I need time between now and Thanksgiving to fix any issues that showed up. There were several which I am in the process of curing.

However, as you mention, it's an open forum. And evidently Chris has feelings hurt enough to make a comment. Or maybe he's just razzing you in a public forum. But I felt for him because he invited a whole bunch of people with a common interest that he felt were his friends. Basically none of them were really interested or they would have shown up. Everyone has excuses, but if you think they're friends but they're really not then you can't expect that they'll show up. If MY friend was having a party I would show up for it, it's that simple. Whatever other activities all those 100 people had going on that day was more important to them. That is my opinion and the resultant comment, out of line or not.
                          You need to understand that friendship is a two way street and if Chris truly had hurt feelings, we'd get the phone calls, which we haven't. I expect my friends to understand when circumstances don't allow life to continue as planned. Just as I will understand as their circumstances don't allow them to participate in something I do.

I also relate to Chris' comment because it's indicative of a general attitude of this group. I'm not pointing at you, Erik, it's just how I felt when I read his comment. No one seems to be interested in participating in anything unless they make the arrangements themselves. I have posted at least three or four weekend trips as an invite to anyone (my friends at MJR) that wants to join in. Take a look at my Thanksgiving post. It's quite open-ended, an opportunity for ANYONE to say "okay, we're planning such and such, wanna do that?" But no, there are more than 150 reads and no posts. No, I don't expect everyone to post an invite to everything they're doing; if anyone thinks that they're missing my point.
                          OK, what was your point? Indicative of a general attitude? Here's my perspective on the general attitude. We wheel together, we share parts, deals, advice, life's trial and tribulations, and in general are in the process of becoming great friends of whom I wouldn't trade or even begin to betray on the stage of an open forum. A finer, more sharing, and friendly bunch of folks that one could only dream of having as friends and you want to slam them? Maybe a closer look at who you are is in order. I don't seem to have any problems relating to or enjoying these folk.

In my experience this is not how a club is supposed to work, and it's not how friends treat friends. Yes, I'm a little disapointed. I know, you can't get people to do something they don't want to do. I just think there could be a little more comraderie and genuine interest in others. Maybe some more of you think I'm out of line. I think it's just my opinion and an expression of how I felt, prompted by someone elses comment.
                          You are quick to make judgements based on a few words in a forum. You have no idea the support, camraderie, advice, deals shared, hours around the campfire, or days spent on trail fixing, spotting, or just plain sharing with one another to even remotely begin to form even the slightest hint of an accurate picture of who you are dealing with or placing judgement on.

You need to go back and start over. First, we are not a club. We show up because we want to. We are friends for the same reason. As far as how friends treat friends, I don't expect my friends to even hint at bashing me because of circumstances out of my control. I tried to get finished sooner, but it just didn't happen and if that can't be understood and accepted, then one of us needs to revisit the definition of friendship.

Chris has phone numbers and uses them when he needs to and until you have them, I'd strongly suggest you just butt out of something that is none of your affair.
                          I am Savvy.

Comment

Erik, that was NOT intended towards you or anyone else for that matter. Hell, it was only our wedding party that we asked our good friends to attend and celebrate with us. No biggie.
                            Chris, you can quit now with the passive agressive statements. It's not becoming and you are taking this down a road that is better not travelled.

Only a wedding party, give me a break. We all know it was important to you and Deb both and for you to make a statement like you just did is BS and you know it.

No biggie means no comment. Don't demean something you and Deb have as being precious by continuing this crap. I called, I explained, I apologized and if you don't understand, I can't help you to. If you do understand, then this crap stops now.
                            I am Savvy.

Comment

mrblaine:

Nice response my friend. But you misunderstood my position. The drama-meter was rather more comical though.

My comments were not directed at you. From your response it's obvious that you think they were. I picked the wrong thread to post how I felt about how folks are treated. I've seen many others on the forums, including myself, overlooked because generally everyone has their own plans or ideas about where they're going on their weekends, their runs, and who they want to wheel with. Somehow that sounded like a slam to you, probably to others as well. I did not personally attack you, or anyone one else specifically. My fault if it sounded like that.

I guess it's not a club. I keep getting confused about that!

It's extremely difficult to clearly express one's thoughts online as there is no emotion or body language to read. I tried my best to come 'open handed' and more as an appeal. My intention was certainly not to garner a response like yours. Hell, you can rant better than me!

Comment

Working...
                              X