Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Synthetics

For anyone here that is upset about gas prices and wants to do something about it... Convert your vehicle to Synthetics! If you do you will be purchasing a 100% man made product that will provide better gas milage and less fristion on any moving part it touches. I have been using true synthetics for over 6 years now on multiple cars! They do protect and they will help alleviate America's dependance on foreign oil.

Me too.
    Can set you up for dealer pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
      Me too.
      Can set you up for dealer pricing.
      Dealer pricing? How?

I've started thinking about use the synthetic stuff. Maybe it would be a good time to start.

Comment

PM'd 'ya...

Originally posted by 01Sport
        Dealer pricing? How?

I've started thinking about use the synthetic stuff. Maybe it would be a good time to start.
        Great program to buy product online and have it shipped to your door, wholesale.

Call me at 714-403-4929 for info.

Comment

is there anything you need to do from switching to convention over to synthetic? or do i just drain it and fill it, and maybe drain it again after a few hundred miles to get all the remaining old crap out...?
          B R E T T
          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Synthetic Oil Conversion

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
            is there anything you need to do from switching to convention over to synthetic? or do i just drain it and fill it, and maybe drain it again after a few hundred miles to get all the remaining old crap out...?
            If your motor has more than say, 40-50K on it, a flush addative is a great idea. Amsoil has an excellent product that will clean the sludge out before you change to the synthetic. It's even more important if you want to take advantage of the extended drain intervals. If you're going to change it every 5-7K then it really doesn't matter. Most synthetics have a very strong detergent property and will clean out all the sludge and carbon. For that reason it's not really recommended for older motors, like over 100K. For some of them, the gunk is all that's keeping them from using more oil. Oh, and get a high quality filter to go with it, don't be using some cheapo filter that could come apart in your motor. Amsoil, Hastings, AC Delco, or Wix - that's it.

For ATF it's important to pump the old oil out of the torque converter. I wrote an article in the tech section on doing an ATF change out:
            http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312

Feel free to call for more details or if you need a superior source for high quality synthetic lubricants.

Comment

Working...
            X