Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah
    We have a shortwave. What channels do you listen to and when? I have never found anything good on it.

Ach Lassie - ya dinna listen ta CHANNELS, ya listen ta Frequencies. Nowanna ya cain't get anywhere!

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/swlguide/

http://shortwave.hfradio.org/

http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/shortwave.html
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
      Ach Lassie - ya dinna listen ta CHANNELS, ya listen ta Frequencies. Nowanna ya cain't get anywhere!
      Well, gee, that explains it! Thanks for the links.
      - Your 2N84 AAT Liaison, hehe
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Edited: due to lack of interesting comments
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well, gee, that explains it! Thanks for the links.
          - Your 2N84 AAT Liaison, hehe
          Not a problem - and thanks for the correction on the trail number. I wonder how many others are messed up in my "official record" :0

What's the trail name? (you might want to add that to your AAT page also - many folks don't know or use our numbering system).
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

What's the trail name?
            Good question but honestly I have a hard time remembering my phone number. Maybe I should get it tatooed somewhere...
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

many folks don't know or use our numbering system).
              You're tellin me!! I have yet to find the name of this trail. I think we were hoping that we could name it

Comment

Wasn't the C branched offically named Nailer's Rock?
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                  Wasn't the C branched offically named Nailer's Rock?
                  No he already has a trail named after him! Spread the wealth! Hahaha
                  And about that tat, you'd better not get too drunk around the next campfire, hehe.

Comment

We have a shortwave. What channels do you listen to and when? I have never found anything good on it.
                    When on a extended vaction in China, I was listening to the Shortwave radio and learning about the riots in L.A. and wondering about if The friends house I had my truck parked was in the area of the riots. I Listened to coverage for around 3 days before my flight home, when I got home I actually had more info on the riots than people I talked to here who were watching theriots on Local news.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                      When on a extended vaction in China, I was listening to the Shortwave radio and learning about the riots in L.A. and wondering about if The friends house I had my truck parked was in the area of the riots. I Listened to coverage for around 3 days before my flight home, when I got home I actually had more info on the riots than people I talked to here who were watching theriots on Local news.
                      So how do you find channels that aren't in foreign languages? Maybe my radio sucks, or I haven't listened long enough for anything good to come on.

Comment

well sarah, when ib cina you are looking for stations you can understand.
                        I will admit that SW is not the format it was 40 years ago, but there are a lot of stations out there that transmit in english. most are feeds for american or british citizens that are living in foriegn countries so that they can get news And entertainment in english. VOA or voice of america, and bbc are two feeds that many channels transmit, they are basicly non comercial broadcast that do not have to please advertisers, not only that but a lot of small radio stations on SW transmit on schedules that are significant to the area they target, so you pick them up very late at night over here as it is midday in their area. One of the big pluses to SW is they are not worried about the latest car chase or the fashions of hollywood, they are more worried about current events as they happen. Not as they would wish they happen.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                          ...Do I beleive we need to be there? Yes, but it is a world economic reason and not a terrorist reason. 14% of the worlds oil supplies are in the sphere of influence of that nation, and that is why unleaded mid grade was 2.78 this morning....
                          So we should invade any country that has a natural resource we need?

Watch out Canada!
                          Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Originally posted by Jeri Lyn
                            Watch out Canada!
                            Thats right! We need to take that over. Manifest Destiny and all that. And for once teach those silly people in Quebec that they should speak english and only english!
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                            X