Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonofabitches!

some petty little bastards came in my house and stole a bunch of stuff.
    they got my laptop with all of the stuff in the bag with it, camera equipment, even the little wlph camera from my desk.
    what a bunch of shit.
    now for the police report, and insurance fun.
    does anyone have any familiararity with dealing with the insurance companies on matters like this?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Sorry to hear that Erik. I haven't had to deal with anything like this, so I wish you the best. Don't forget, with the laptop, they have access to all personal stuff (bank account #s, passwords, etc).

Michael
    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Damn. Not your good camera, right?

Call your local police and file a report. Sometimes the perp gets popped and they find your stuff.

Armed with your police report you then file a claim with your homeowners insurance. Just call them up with your police report number and they'll help you detail your loss. Hopefully you have a file of receipts for stuff you buy so you can prove what you have.

In my case I have $1,000 deductible, so it has to be a boatload of stuff to cover the deductible. I had about a thousand worth of stuff in my jeep when it was stolen. Didn't get it back but didn't bother to file a claim either.

In fact, I couldn't get LA Sherrif or Placentia Police to get a warrant to search the a$$holes house that was driving my stolen jeep to see if he had my stuff. They said they wouldn't bother with all of that for stolen property. Can you beat that? I guess murder is a different story, so are TV shows.

Yep, it's crap, F'n little bastards. Sorry to hear that.

Comment

sorry to hear it Erik. I know how shitty that feels. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with.

do we need to start a collection??? :yay:
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

That just plain sucks. Sounds like it is time to "arm" your house with a rabid pitbull that has AIDS.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Damn. Sorry to hear dude. I hope they catch those assholes.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              sorry to hear it Erik. I know how shitty that feels. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with.

do we need to start a collection??? :yay:
              that wont be necessary, brian, but thanks for the offer..

a pitbull with aids might be nice though.
              i have a feeling it is one of my sons old friends. i'll have to go and corner him, and see what breaks.
              ERIK

Comment

HA!
                well, i was right about who took my stuff. i got most of it back now, but the computer has been formatted, and everything that was on it is gone.
                what it does have on it is pics of the thief! as does the camera memory card.
                i am now waiting for the police to get here to collect the evidence to prosecute the little bastard.

he was attempting to sell it to one of my sons friends who is trying to be a police officer.
                perfect.

i am going to stick it to him,[prosecute] and make him pay for the missing items.
                what a complete dumb ass!

the person that returned the items is willing to make a formal statement... so things are good.
                ERIK

Comment

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

WOW one of your sons friends, makes me relaize why my parents never really let mu friends roam free aorund the house, sucks you had to get broken into, how they get in?

its weird because lakewood is a nice safe area, and here in south gate, semi-ghetto, i one time left the front door wide open, for more than half of the day and nobody stole anything, i consider myself lucky,
                    Carlos

92 YJ
                    GO VEGAN!
                    volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

Great job Eric I'm glade you got most of your stuff back.
                      01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
                      4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
                      SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Comment

:thumbs_up

Michael
                        1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                        3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Working...
                        X