Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dust to Glory" movie rocks!

Well, the Missus and I made our semi-annual foray to the matinees. I picked out the movie Dust to Glory. Yeah, it's distributed by the same outfit that spun Bowling for Columbine, big deal.

This is a 90 minute documentary on the SCORE Tecate Baja 1000. It's the polar opposite of what most of us are doing off-road. They are blasting along at 100 mph, while we are creeping at 2 mph. The movie is a real kick-in-the-pants and should definitely be experienced on the big screen with big sound. You will be sorry if you wait for the DVD to see this one.

After watching it, it made me wonder, how tough would it be to enter in Class 11 and see if I could finish it?

Here's a trailer I made for your enjoyment.
    http://www.redbullridethebaja.com/d2...6c20c1c6c17c4c

http://d2gfilm.com/
    http://movies.channel.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=20195
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

It is sooo funny you say that. I just upgraded all 4 shocks. The fronts are the Extreme Travel Edelbrock Resevoir Shocks (Stiff) and fox custom valved (extra stiff) in the rear.

I took the Jeep to Borrego and Truckhaven and after running the washes with the new shocks I have a new respect for the TJ... Man what fun and the shocks kept the tires on the ground and the Jeep from bottoming out. I came home thinking the same thing... I would love to run the Baja and just see if I can finish... Not try and set any land speed records or really compete but just run the race!
    Scott Poliseno
    www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

You have 32 hours to complete. Need a chase vehicle?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

My father in law has a xj with a 6 inch long arm and 33s... D44 rear end... he could chase... He would like that...

From what I here the crowds stay long after the 32 hours and the race is really as much about finishing at all as it is about finishing in less than 32 hours...
        Scott Poliseno
        www.4x4garage.com

The trouble with political jokes is that very often they get elected.

Comment

I wanted to see that movie so bad, but I'm on duty on Fridays when it was showing. Any ideas of when its going to come out on dvd ? One of my goals in life is to race the 500 in my bike or on a quad..........git r' done

Comment

Awesome trailer feature!! That's so cool.
            I made one up and sent it to a few friends. I'm going to see that one!

Thanks!!

Comment

I really want to see that one on the big screen.
              now about that race
              I have gone down several times and carved out a spot next to the course where you can actually find shade, and watched as they speed past. What it takes to be competitive in that race is insane. you are flying along at 60 plus with people withing touching range following a course mapped out and not much else to guide you. breakdowns and wrecks come up so soon you have to be at a constant vigial for them infront of you. My hat goes off to anyone who wants to try it, OH CAN I CORIDE AND NAVIGATE?
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                I wanted to see that movie so bad, but I'm on duty on Fridays when it was showing. Any ideas of when its going to come out on dvd ? One of my goals in life is to race the 500 in my bike or on a quad..........git r' done
                Still playing all over the country.

These are two theaters in Riverside. You can search by zip.

http://movies.channel.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=20195

Don't wait for DVD unless you have a 110" horizontal.

Comment

Ya this movie was cool, id recomend it
                  94' XJ,4.0,Tera Low 4:1
                  D44/9inch, Locked, 36x14.50 TSL's and way to much lift

Comment

Working...
                  X