Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has served in the Military ??

I served in the Army (1989 to 1999) and traveled to quite a few places..like Panama, and the Persian Gulf during Desert Shield/Storm. Has anyone else here served in uniform ??

Currently in the Marines.
    Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

USN for 6 years ('91 - '97). Did some travelling....Hong Kong (x3), Singapore, Thailand (x2), Australia (x2), Replublic of the Saychelles (SP?), Jordan, Kuwait, Japan (6 months), Somalia, UAE, Bahrain, probably a few others I dont' remember......

Noticed your in Oceanside....I was stationed at ACU-5 (camp pendleton).....where those big ugly hangers are on the west side of I-5 ~ a mile south of the rest area just north of O'side.....behind that big concrete wall with the goofy mural that says something to the effect of "This is LCAC country....no beach out of reach"....too bad they left off the rest of our motto:
      "This is LCAC country
      No beach out of reach
      No bar too far"
      Last edited by goodtimes; 05-08-05, 11:53 PM.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

USN 92-01. Flight crew on the S-3 Viking out of San Diego. Did my share of time in the no fly zone over Iraq in support of Desert Fox/Southern Watch. Saw Hong Kong (x2), Singapore, Thailand, China, Japan, UAE, Diego Garcia, Australia, New Zealand and probably a few other places.
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          USN for 6 years ('91 - '97). Did some travelling....Hong Kong (x3), Singapore, Thailand (x2), Australia (x2), Replublic of the Saychelles (SP?), Jordan, Kuwait, Japan (6 months), Somalia, UAE, Bahrain, probably a few others I dont' remember......

Noticed your in Oceanside....I was stationed at ACU-5 (camp pendleton).....where those big ugly hangers are on the west side of I-5 ~ a mile south of the rest area just north of O'side.....behind that big concrete wall with the goofy mural that says something to the effect of "This is LCAC country....no beach out of reach"....too bad they left off the rest of our motto:
          "This is LCAC country
          No beach out of reach
          No bar too far"

Believe it or not, ACU-5 was one of the 1st places I worked as a defense contractor for Textron. After Sept 11th, I was asked by ASI (www.uav.com) to help them integrate the Hellfire missile system (I was an EOD/Ordnance expert) onto the Predator series of UAV's. I worked as a defense contractor there for almost 3yrs. Traveled to some "hot" places around the world during that time.
          But, believe it or not, I'm going back to ACU-5 within the next few weeks !! (Hopefully...)

Comment

active duty Marine. been to 22 countries. Currently stationed at Mirmar
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Does growing up an officers brat and being dragged all over the orient while a child count?
              My hats are off to anyone who is in the military, especially career members, I know my family gave up a lot to be shipped to a new base on the average of every 3 years, but in another way I would not change the training I got about the entire world and it's cultures for anything.
              I guess unless you have ever been immersed into other cultures you really cannot understand the Huge Blessings we have here in the good ole USA.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

USN 1993-1999

Served aboard USS Nimitz (CVN-68) and USS Memphis (SSN-691)

Electrician's Mate (Nuclear) got out as a second class submarine qualified

Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, UAE, Hawaii, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Isreal, Gibraltor, Carcao... something like that anyways.

Glad I did it... but glad I'm out.

Michael
                1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN
                  USN 1993-1999

Served aboard USS Nimitz (CVN-68) and USS Memphis (SSN-691)
                  I did 2 cruises on the Nimitz. 95-96 and 97-98. Probably saw ya there, tho I lived on the flight deck, a bit aways from the reactors.
                  Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Navy '00-'05. Didn't go anywhere, though. Stuck in San Diego the whole time. Fun, though.
                    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Marines !980 to 1984
                      Motor T
                      If it had Tracks or wheels I rebuilt it.

With out "Motor T" the pride doesn't ride!
                      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

USN 1984 to ????
                        Still active duty and just reenlisted for 3 more year.
                        Soon to be a Senior Chief Petty Officer.

I think I would run out of space here to list the places that I have been.
                        But I will start with these.
                        Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Phillipines, Korea, Membosa Africa, Australia, (Perth and Hobart) Hifia Isreal, Oman, UAE, Barain, St Thomas USVI.

I am sure there are other places that I have forgotten.

Currently in Lemoore Ca.
                        Getting ready to start working on Super Hornets.

Have a good day.

Thanks to all that are still serving, and those that have served.

Todd & Teresa
                        Navy-Jeepster
                        Gold Digger
                        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

USMC '85-'89. Ground based air-search radar maintenance. Stationed at 29 Palms (school), Okinawa and Cherry Point, NC. Got to deploy to some first class digs- A potato farm on a fjord north of the Arctic Circle in Norway, a garbage dump outside San Miguel in the P.I., the Great Dismal swamp (I love that name)in Virginia, Lovely Puerto Rico (we were supposedly confined to base- but that's another story), and Chilpo Beach, South Korea.
                          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

USMC 1989~present. Infantry. Been to Oki, Korea, Japan, Australia (Darwin), Hong Kong, Thailand, UAE, Yemen, Kuwait, Spain, Moscow (for a short period)... too many to list. Having a so-so time on my third trip to Iraq. Currently in 3rd Bn 4th Marines. Been on a few MEU-SOC's so I'm sure I've been on ship with some of these Navy guys. I've been on the Anchorage a few times (god would they please retire that thing already!!), the Essexx, Bellaeu Wood, Tarawa... Duluth... um I think that's it.

Seems there are a lot of us here on MJR. It'd be one hell of a party if we all met up at one rally/event. In my experience there's nobody that parties like the US Military.
                            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

USAF 93-97. Only place of note I went to was Camp Doha, Kuwait. That was more like a 100 day vacation than a tdy.
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X