Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Nationals Feb. 10-13

Anyone thinkng of going? The season starts next weekend and they won't be back (in SoCal) until Nov. Unless work does me in I'm planning on going Sunday the 13th. for final eliminations. Ground shakin' heart pumping excitement, my girls want to go too.
    In case you want to check it out here's a link: http://www.nhra.com/apcm/templates/e...91&navsource=1

Cheers, B&T TJ

I wish! I have alot of work to do in the next couple of weeks. I havent been to an NHRA event in a while.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Those are a blast, I wish I could go this year too.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

We went, had fun, was hoping to meet the team and see the car my uncle built run but they had some troubles in round 1, here's a link
        http://nhra.com/2005/events/race01/p...day/Photo2.htm

A little tire failure @300+ mph might do some damage. We had just gotton there and weren't quite trackside yet when this happened. Brady (driver) was not hurt but sent to the hosiptal anyway and his first concern was if he got the hole shot, (Brandon Bernstein was the other car) the kid wants to drive and yes he got the hole shot. Unfortunetly the car didn't do so well, it's back to the shop. The chassis was pretzeled pretty good but Goodyear and NHRA are all over the tire to find out what went wrong.
        This car is owned and operated by probably one of the last independents in the sport, (BME, Bill Miller Ent) no major sponsors, the crew doesn't get paid they do it for the love of the sport.

Best regards guys, I'll keep watching, routing and we'll see you back here in Nov.

B&T TJ

Comment

I thought you guys were going to a Dude Ranch...? This is certainly not a dude ranch

Sounds like fun, none the less

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            I thought you guys were going to a Dude Ranch...? This is certainly not a dude ranch

Sounds like fun, none the less

Tam
            This weekend is the Ranch trip, last was getting things ready.
            It was fun, Kassidy had never been and we almost had to leave as soon we got there. $20 later and some ear muff's (foam plugs NG) we were able to get close to the track again. After awhile and a few more Top Fuelers she was ok and liking the vibration they make, "Daddy can we do this again" Music to my ears. Katherine's an old pro, she likes to go to see boys.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
              DOH!

Where you there when Pedragon ran into the mud? Pretty wild stuff. They are Haulin ASS this year. I cant remember how many cars did it, but a whole bunch were in the 4.40's.

Damn! And I thought I was fast.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I think that was on Saturday when he hit the mud, they work all night to get it ready for Sunday, we did see him run on Sun. Yeah pretty frigin fast weekend and a bunch of the biggies out in early rounds too. Check out that correction he's got going on, he was heading straight for the wall but managed to hit the side of the car. The car looked really bad in the pits, all the body sheet metal was buckled which meant the frame was wacked. So Chris you ready for the Top Fuelers. Yeah baby!

B&T TJ

Quick Sh!t
                http://www.nhra.com/2005/events/race...day/Photo1.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                  So Chris you ready for the Top Fuelers. Yeah baby!
                  Sure, but I'll stick to Land Speed for now. Wait till you see the project that is currently in the works . . . twin turbine . . . 4 wheel drive . . . 500 MPH!
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                  X