Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
    Thanks for the advice everyone. We managed to get our old computer up and running. I'm still thinking we'll upgrade it soon, but I don't know which route we'll take right now.

I'm not sure I have the patience to build one from scratch, but if this one is working and I don't need a new one, I might be able to scare up some patience from somewhere to build one.
    If building a computer is like building a bumper, just remember: Measure twice cut once . . . or measure many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times and cut once. Or eye ball it, cut, weld, measure twice, then cut again!

harty har
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Is that your idea of a joke? 'cause it wasn't funny. It wasn't how many times I measured it was my technique for measuring. Apparently you have to use the numbers on the tape to be accurate. It can hardly be my fault that they made tape measures so complicated.
      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

I don't think Dukes69 ment anything personal, we was probably just up late, nodded off and leaned on the copy key too many times. He's actually a pretty nice guy if you haven't already met him.
        So when you decide to "switch" I may be able to help with a new computer. What I mean is switch to a Mac. I have a friend at MacMall and since the newest iMac is out the older ones may be slightly discounted. I've only had Mac's but use PC's too at work. They both are great just have different strong points, it depends on what you doing with it. Photo, video production, editing... creative art type stuff Mac's the one. Video games, accounting, more available software PC's got it hands down. But I would say this for sure, if your gonna keep it 5 or more years get the best you can buy, top of the line cause in a year it's gonna be #2 or #3... No fun being left behind.

Happy shopping, B&T TJ

Comment

B&T TJ, it was actually kind of an inside joke. He helped me build my bumpers/tire carrier or I helped him, not sure how that works. And in the process he learned that I can't measure for crap. Everything was always a little off. He's a good enough fabricator that he managed to build some sweet bumpers despite my help, though. Oh, and he's not that nice of a guy once you get to know him.
          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Cool! Oh yeah I forgot one thing, I work for Sony and I think they have a computer it's not a Mac so I haven't put much thought to it but if you like I could get one at the employee discount. In fact I'd do this for any member here that wants Sony electronics.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
              Cool! Oh yeah I forgot one thing, I work for Sony and I think they have a computer it's not a Mac so I haven't put much thought to it but if you like I could get one at the employee discount. In fact I'd do this for any member here that wants Sony electronics.

B&T TJ
              WOOOO i have to think of something sony that i need!
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                So when you decide to "switch" I may be able to help with a new computer. What I mean is switch to a Mac. I have a friend at MacMall and since the newest iMac is out the older ones may be slightly discounted.
                I'll drink to that!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                X