Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah
    replied
    today i learned that stuff can fly out of the back seat and into the street when you take a sharp turn!

Leave a comment:

• seapahn
    replied
    You can put an eye out with the wipping action of the tightening threads of a hooded sweatshirt when driving with no doors on the freeway.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    today i learned that the 231 transfer case is not "shift on the fly" without a front driveshaft... :yay:

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    Hot feet...need carpet

I must disagree Chris!
    Floor mats

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    Hot feet...need carpet

I must disagree Chris!

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailbst
    It does block the heat, i swear. Try driving an early Jeep with Fenderwell headers. Damn, that floor get hot.

I still don't have carpet in my Jeep though. Heat or not!
    BAH!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    I have learned that carpet serves no purpose. And dont give me this "it blocks the heat" BS! I dont buy it
    It does block the heat, i swear. Try driving an early Jeep with Fenderwell headers. Damn, that floor get hot.

I still don't have carpet in my Jeep though. Heat or not!

Leave a comment:

• I-4
    replied
    preventative maintenenance is far better than on the trail maintenance... not necesarilly from personal experience, but from watching the ill-equipped.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's laminated safety glass. The shop will just cut it to fit the Jeep, instead of finding a pre-cut piece.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    ooo, was it that nasty mud from the last day!?
    Yup, that's the stuff!

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Be careful with the type of glass you put in there. In case you didn't know, normal "window" (as in house window) glass splinters when it shatters and will cut you all to heck. The glass used in windshields doesn't do that.

Also, I always insist on using domestic glass instead of imported glass. It doesn't chip, pit or crack as easily as the imported stuff. Of course, it costs more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Something Dan and I have both learned recently:

If you can remove your windshield when wheeling, do it. It's one less thing you have to replace.

Oh, BTW, my windshield which is a flat piece of glass, was quoted at 120-160 dollars. Finally found a glass shop in town that will cut it and install, for a little less than $100. Who woulda thought that a flat piece of glass would be so much.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    I dunno....I think if I would have left the "rubicon springs mud" in there it would be stinking pretty bad about now.
    ooo, was it that nasty mud from the last day!?

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    I dunno....I think if I would have left the "rubicon springs mud" in there it would be stinking pretty bad about now.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    I must disagree. Capet does a outstanding job of collecting and holding water and mud when you get in a little too deep. The mud and water then obsorb the heat from the floorboards, keeping them cooler.

Another benifit is when it dries up, the carpet really smells bad, so would be theives just move along to a "better smelling" jeep to steal.
    HAHAHAHA!! that rocks! the carpet doesn't smell bad if you leave the doors off ... and i agree about the cool-ness. rick's jeep is smokin hot - i'd hate to be in that thing without carpet!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X