Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I've learned in the Jeep

Big bugs hurt, when you drive with the windshield down.

You get lots of boogers when driving on dirt roads with no top on.

Make sure you kinda lean your head out of the door opening before spitting, it might come back at you. LOL

What have YOU learned in your Jeep??

i learned that when you take corners quickly with the doors off, the dog in the front seat tends to get skeered and scamper into your lap as quickly as possible.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I learned that when driving through a thunderstorm without doors... wipers on the outside of the windshield are not enough...
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        I learned that when driving through a thunderstorm without doors... wipers on the outside of the windshield are not enough...

ROFL ... hail is not good either!! with either one, expect puddles on the floor! :yay:

Comment

I have learned that carpet serves no purpose. And dont give me this "it blocks the heat" BS! I dont buy it
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            I have learned that carpet serves no purpose. And dont give me this "it blocks the heat" BS! I dont buy it
            I must disagree. Capet does a outstanding job of collecting and holding water and mud when you get in a little too deep. The mud and water then obsorb the heat from the floorboards, keeping them cooler.

Another benifit is when it dries up, the carpet really smells bad, so would be theives just move along to a "better smelling" jeep to steal.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
              I must disagree. Capet does a outstanding job of collecting and holding water and mud when you get in a little too deep. The mud and water then obsorb the heat from the floorboards, keeping them cooler.

Another benifit is when it dries up, the carpet really smells bad, so would be theives just move along to a "better smelling" jeep to steal.
              HAHAHAHA!! that rocks! the carpet doesn't smell bad if you leave the doors off ... and i agree about the cool-ness. rick's jeep is smokin hot - i'd hate to be in that thing without carpet!

Comment

I dunno....I think if I would have left the "rubicon springs mud" in there it would be stinking pretty bad about now.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  I dunno....I think if I would have left the "rubicon springs mud" in there it would be stinking pretty bad about now.
                  ooo, was it that nasty mud from the last day!?

Comment

Something Dan and I have both learned recently:

If you can remove your windshield when wheeling, do it. It's one less thing you have to replace.

Oh, BTW, my windshield which is a flat piece of glass, was quoted at 120-160 dollars. Finally found a glass shop in town that will cut it and install, for a little less than $100. Who woulda thought that a flat piece of glass would be so much.

Comment

Be careful with the type of glass you put in there. In case you didn't know, normal "window" (as in house window) glass splinters when it shatters and will cut you all to heck. The glass used in windshields doesn't do that.

Also, I always insist on using domestic glass instead of imported glass. It doesn't chip, pit or crack as easily as the imported stuff. Of course, it costs more.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                        ooo, was it that nasty mud from the last day!?
                        Yup, that's the stuff!

KG6OWO

Comment

It's laminated safety glass. The shop will just cut it to fit the Jeep, instead of finding a pre-cut piece.

Comment

preventative maintenenance is far better than on the trail maintenance... not necesarilly from personal experience, but from watching the ill-equipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                              It does block the heat, i swear. Try driving an early Jeep with Fenderwell headers. Damn, that floor get hot.

I still don't have carpet in my Jeep though. Heat or not!

Comment

Working...
                              X