Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to pak on a two or more trail Ride?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to pak on a two or more trail Ride?

:confused: I was wondering what you pak for a trail ride more than a day. :shade: I've camped weeks on end, :shade: hunting trips, but we live out of a base camp. Everything we need is brought in by full size trucks with trailers. How much fuel? Type of food Hot/cold camp? :beer: Water, :beer: Toilets? :beer: Spare parts, :cry: the given is axles and ujionts but what about the little things? Next would be how to pak all of the stuff.
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Here is a small list given to me by jeepkat {mr.blaines wife}, for our JV trips. I always forget the little things, so this helps me a lot.

Comfort items:

dry washcloths in ziplock bags, several. I keep some in the Jeep, clothes bag and dry food bag.

lip balm (chap stick)

benedryl, stick or spray for bug bites. blaine got bite by an ant last time and it made a nasty bump.

asprin for caffine headaches or muscle aches.

lotion for dry skin

eyedrops, the dust is killer on the eyes

items for a spong bath, wash cloth and towel.
    sunglasses and a hat

gloves

toothbrush and paste, hair brush or comb

comfy footware to wear around camp and to slip on for when you have to go in the middle of the night, always wear some kind of footwear.

a pillow

one of those 2.5 gallon water things with the spout, great for washing up and camp soap. we always bring one now.

a chair

a small movers blanket, you can get them at Osh. great for laying on if you have to work on the Jeep, you can also sit on it, or use it to keep warm.

a trash container for your Jeep, nylon net bag with draw string. aka laundry bag from Wal-marts. or something similar.

leatherman, has more uses than I can list. or generic equivalent.

that's all I can think of for now. I should put together an official list to check off for each trip.

I hope you found this helpful.
    ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Pack like you would if back packing. I eat hot food every day, but remember that you have to carry everything.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Excellent List Chris!

You forgot the MOST important item ...Toilet Paper

Also, dont forget a first aid kit of some sort.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

TP aka Mountain Gold is important. As is all hygiene equipment. The Missus and I carry a "Fat Fifty" ammo can and WAG Bags for our solid waste. The enzymes in the WAG bag make it EPA-legal to toss in the regular garbage. Else you'd have to fish it all out and put in a toilet. Course you may be able to get away with burying your waste if the soil conditions permit fast decomposition. Desert/rocky environs usually don't.

If you bury, make it at least 8" deep and always pack your TP out. Burning is a bad idea, trust me, unless you like the idea of chasing after a piece of stinky ember to stamp it out.

Other hygiene stuff:
          *Garbage bags (get the contractor bags, much thicker)
          *Bring a packet of baby wipes. They are much easier to use than soap and water. Alcohol-based handgel usually just makes for muddy (and later on, chapped) hands.
          *sunscreen
          *bath-in-a-bag (sponge bath in a pre wetted package, used in hospitals, sponge on and wipe off, no soap or additional water required)

HTH.
          Last edited by jmbrowning; 08-10-04, 11:11 AM.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            The Missus and I carry a "Fat Fifty" ammo can and WAG Bags for our solid waste. The enzymes in the WAG bag make it EPA-legal to toss in the regular garbage.
            HTH.
            :confused: What is a WAG bag? where can we get them at? :confused:

Comment

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

as for food, sandwiches are the easiest for lunch, along with crackers and other snacks. bugers & dogs are easy for dinner, it just depends on how involved you'd like to get. for the sand dunes we take a full size grill and cook filets!

dan, are you talking about an upcoming trip or just in general?
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

For food, I prefer things that are pre-prepared at home, or can be quickly assembled on the trail. Fried chicken, potatoe salad, dry salami/cheese/crackers, fruit, etc., I don't really like cooking on the trail, just because of the clean up involved. It is just too messy unless I am planning on spending alot of time at camp each day. In that case, I will go as far as heating up a can of soup for dinner, or cooking a couple of eggs in the morning.

When we usually stop for lunch on a trail, it takes me about 10 minutes from the time I pull the cooler out until I put it back. I have been on many trips where I am done eating, and have everything packed up before the rest of the group gets all their stuff out!
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Meals can also be pre made. Put them in a ziplock bag and then use boiling water to heat it up. Omelet in a bag is a great breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      dan, are you talking about an upcoming trip or just in general?
                      I would like to say YES, but doesn't look like this year. I'm out of vaction, school takes up alot of my time. I just wanted to get a list so I can buy the things I dont have.(one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime) old Johnny Cash song. Put them on the shelf for when I needed them. Maybe make some test runs overniters. So next year I can maybe make some of the runs with the MJR's crew like the Moab/ Rubicon, maybe some trails in Colorado or the Great State of Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                        Meals can also be pre made. Put them in a ziplock bag and then use boiling water to heat it up. Omelet in a bag is a great breakfast.
                        What kind of bags do you use (that don't leak like ours did last year on the Rubicon)? lol

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
                          I would like to say YES, but doesn't look like this year. I'm out of vaction, school takes up alot of my time. I just wanted to get a list so I can buy the things I dont have.(one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime) old Johnny Cash song. Put them on the shelf for when I needed them. Maybe make some test runs overniters. So next year I can maybe make some of the runs with the MJR's crew like the Moab/ Rubicon, maybe some trails in Colorado or the Great State of Wyoming.
                          let's do a night run sometime!

Comment

What kind of bags do you use (that don't leak like ours did last year on the Rubicon)? lol
                            I use the heavy duty freezer type zip locks. I have never had a problem with them.

Comment

YUK :confused2

Comment

Working...
                              X