Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire rotation...

FYI...

tire rotation + stock bottle jack and lug wrench = one big pain in the butt.

in case you were wondering...
    :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Your OE jack is tall enough to get a tire in the air? I'm impressed. I hear that the OE jack on the rubicons are too short to get a tire in the air. I never tried though....the hi-lift is easier. And taking it to America's Tire Co. for free rotations is even easier!
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

well... I jacked it up from the bottom of my control arms.. gave me a couple more inches. but yes it worked.:yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

oh yeah... the other thing...

after seeing half a$$, so called mechanics abuse my Jeep... I have decided to do whatever I can by myself. It's a "peice of mind" and an "I love my Jeep" thing.

No paid employee will ever show your vehicle the respect it deserves.
        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I shouldn't do this but... It's pretty funny, I thought i'd share. This came from another forum on the same post...

quote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by blkTJ
          FYI...

tire rotation + stock bottle jack and lug wrench = one big pain in the butt.

in case you were wondering...
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your tires typically rotate very nicely if you just put it in gear and step on the gas. What are you using that other stuff for?
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

i think i'm going to go the "americas tire" route on this one. may as well take advantage of the lifetime balance i paid for and have them rotate the tires before the con.
            i keep my oem jack on the jeep too... it paid for itself on that last episode in the notch for straightening out that mangled leaf spring
            but.... if i HAD to rotate the tires myself... i think i'd go with goodtimes on this one, and use the hi-lift for this, and lift the whole side :yay:
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

brian you beat me to it!! i was going to post something like that here. lmao

we both have "road hazard" on our tires here - they replace or fix your tire either for free or for a small amount. nice if you do alot of wheelin! ask rick how many new tires he's scored!

is it really that bad to have someone else rotate your tires? rick usually does mine, but i just had the shop do em for free with the balancing - it doesn't seem like there's much to screw up?
              Last edited by sarah; 07-14-03, 12:07 AM.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

it IS always a good idea to at least watch them tighten the lug nuts. i have been sent out of pep boys with loose lugs before. i realized after about 500 miles that they were finger tight.
                americas tire, on the other hand, in my experience seems to be VERY professional.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                X