Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gps coordinate System

Playing with my GPS (the little black box) this weekend. My software on the computer is set for DEG/MIN/SEC, but I need to read DEG/MIN.MMM. To convert is (0 to 60sec) equal to (0 to 1000mmm) ? :confused:
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Mine had the ability to change that in the setup screens of the GPS...Garmin V

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

My GPS unit can. Its just my software on the comuper that can't. Maybe I just need to update my outdated software. The wife got us hooked on Geocaching. Wife did I say wife I meant Grandma :rose: I figure that if I can get her out of the house more offen I can get more parts :smile: After all can't have the grandbaby riding in a second rate Jeep

Comment

What mapping software package are you using?
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

My GPS unit is Magellan 2000, my wife bought it for me :present: when we got lost in Disney Land (stop laughing know) :confused2 The unit was new when she bought it, to many years ago. :beer: :beer: The software is "Travel Route Maps USA 6.0." Yea Iam cheap, but good looking thou (my wife said to quit lying)

Comment

My tightwag wallet cut loose on some money and I Got a new unit. Magellan "Sportpak Map" came with software Mapsend Topo. Now I have a bigger problem. My wife wouldn't let me use it. She likes it so much she told me to buy my own. I thought I did. :mad: Hay the the best part is now she likes my Jeep and we go Geoing all the time. "The Fishes" up to 18 finds. My old unit still works ok, takes for ever to get a lock, battery life is short. But over all it still works ok.
            See you on the Geo trail.
            Its like baby steps, Geo today, "Wrecking Ball" tomorrow :secret: But knowning my luck she'll take over my Jeep and then I'll have to buy a new one. Such bad luck :thumbs_up

Comment

The old receiver would be fine for a laptop navigation system, if you can get a 12v/serial cord for the Magellan.

Now, all you have to do is get your wife to buy you a laptop for jeeping!
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                The old receiver would be fine for a laptop navigation system, if you can get a 12v/serial cord for the Magellan.
                no external port on the unit.

Now, all you have to do is get your wife to buy you a laptop for jeeping!
                Got that one covered, I needed the laptop for school. Just tring to upgrade the old cellphone so I can do online classes well Jeeping /camping and oh some Geoing

Comment

Working...
                X