Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMeTopless818
    replied
    I bought mine a few weeks ago at BestBuy $259 standard price ($40-4 year warranty, $41-harnass) BB was offering free installation. I got it installed Thurs night and activated Fri and still playing around with it, I haven't programmed fav channels yet. The antenna is on the passenger side of the dash, and the XM is next to my ignition (I was originally going to put it under the ash tray or cig lighter) I've gotten some static when turning it on in my (818) area, the sound is as good as a CD (I have the stock radio/CD player with subwolfer that came with the Canyon Package)

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    I would just say inferior sound quality. Satelite delivers cd quality sound, and with my modulator it just didn't seem as loud as it is now. I think maybe the modulator turned it into mono instead of stereo. After I got the deck with the rca inputs though it sounded crystal clear. And it might be because I went with the low end on the XM reciever as well. The modulator could have just been junk. I was on a budget when I bought it.... wait I am always on a budget. I would just reccomend a deck with the rca inputs, or a direct conncetion for the xm reciever.

Oh yeah, and as for my CD player.... I haven't used mine since I got XM radio. I find myself channel surfing in the jeep there's so many channels. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by H8PVMT
    I love mine. At first it came with an adapter that hooked up to the anntenae, so with the modulator you can use it on any radio. I didn't like the sound though so I bought a cheap stereo with rca inputs and the thing sounds like CD sound. Reception rocks. Unless your in a garage, or something covered. I haven't had anywhere where my signal was gone, even does good in the forest. Being here in Ridgecrest where the stations are a joke I couldn't live without it.
    So far I have had it on three trails and nothing has killed it. Even the tree stump I ramped doing 20, we won't talk about that though. :embarasse
    so what as bad about the sound with the modulator? noise, or just inferior sound quality in general?

thanks for your input on the cd palyer, goodtimes

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Don't bother with a CD player Erik. I have killed several in my jeep. the thieves are always mad because they end up stealing a CD player that doesn't work!

No experience with XM or Siurus....been considering it though.

Leave a comment:

• H8PVMT
    replied
    I love mine. At first it came with an adapter that hooked up to the anntenae, so with the modulator you can use it on any radio. I didn't like the sound though so I bought a cheap stereo with rca inputs and the thing sounds like CD sound. Reception rocks. Unless your in a garage, or something covered. I haven't had anywhere where my signal was gone, even does good in the forest. Being here in Ridgecrest where the stations are a joke I couldn't live without it.
    So far I have had it on three trails and nothing has killed it. Even the tree stump I ramped doing 20, we won't talk about that though. :embarasse

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    started a topic XM radio?

XM radio?

how do you like yours?
    i am thinking about getting this, and wanted to hear some feedback on it first. i have a stock jeep radio, and will probably keep it that way [maybe] so no one wants to steal the damn thing.
    i am wondering:
    what is a good brand [inexpensive/dependable]
    will the xm thing hook to my stock radio?
    can i later hook it to an aftermarket radio?
    do you get reception in the boonies?

see, i'd get a cd playing stereo that sounds nice, but i'm afraid the dust from the trail, and the bumps would kill it.
    any feedback in this area?
    i do currently have the stock sound bar, and will likely put some better speakers in there, but i dont expect to have any amped up booming system... i'd just like to have some decent sounds in the boonies, and have it be dependable
    thanks for any input!
Working...
X