Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blkTJ
    replied
    my previous responce wasn't quite true... the si is a mosfet version of the ti. no moving parts in the control pack.

now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Leave a comment:

• seapahn
    replied
    Thanks. I'll probably get back to you on this about some details on the xp cause I may be in the market for one in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by seapahn
    What's the main difference between the different 9.5 series warn winches (XP, TI, and SI)? Are they all basically the same or are there major differences? I was looking at the line speeds and the XP seems much slower than the TI in the 0-load speed but is faster under load (like at 6000lbs).
    seapahn, to answer your question... as far as I can tell, warn has discontinued the HS9.5si which had a 4.5hp motor. I believe this is to be replaced by the 9.5xp which has a new 6hp motor.

The TI has some new fancy bosch motor that allows for temp readings and such. I didn't really think i needed that.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by king4wd
    "You could ask yourself how much more black could it be...and the answer is none. None more black." Nigel Tufnik
    to bad it doesn't go to 11.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    the xp was cheaper and more black.
    "You could ask yourself how much more black could it be...and the answer is none. None more black." Nigel Tufnik

Leave a comment:

• aston
    replied
    winch wiring

<snip on>
    While your on the subject , how do you tie in the winch power to the battery? I've got mine going to those low amp side terminals on the Optima. Which I'm told not to do if I have to load it up for a long pull. Do you build a remote terminal block? Is there some kind of terminal end I can buy to let me put both the Jeep and the winch dirrectly to the battery main posts?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    <snip off>

My advice

Put the winch power cables on the main battery posts and the Jeep (starter etc...) on the side terminals. While you're at it get heavy power cable and lugs. I mean welding cable, not the fuse wire they sell at AutoZone.

Chris L.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    ...are you going to spring the dough for the fancy rope?
    not right away. It's on the list after spare shafts(I've got your address, I'll send a check soon for the rear), beadlocks and maybe a power steering cooler.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    ok.. you know what you want glad you got one.
    congrats! are you going to spring the dough for the fancy rope?

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    brian, why did you not get the one with the integrated solenoid? just curious

Leave a comment:

• seapahn
    replied
    What's the main difference between the different 9.5 series warn winches (XP, TI, and SI)? Are they all basically the same or are there major differences? I was looking at the line speeds and the XP seems much slower than the TI in the 0-load speed but is faster under load (like at 6000lbs).

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    I just removed the 1/2" nut completely off of the terminal bolt and put the eyelet on the bolt and cinched it all back down. Ground to the negative post of the battery.

Optima will not warranty the battery if you smoke the side posts using a winch.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    I plan on hooking mine up to the main terminals of the yellow top.

I think you can get some sort of isolator though, not sure.

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    replied
    While your on the subject , how do you tie in the winch power to the battery? I've got mine going to those low amp side terminals on the Optima. Which I'm told not to do if I have to load it up for a long pull. Do you build a remote terminal block? Is there some kind of terminal end I can buy to let me put both the Jeep and the winch dirrectly to the battery main posts?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    the day I let alex mod anything on my jeep is the day after i sell it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X