X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning

The Missus is scared of fast winches...nightmares about crooked fingers wrapped in steel cable.
    thanks ted. don't worry deb, you need not touch the thing. :yay:
    Last edited by blkTJ; 06-26-04, 12:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    B-o-o-o-o-gus!! That's like charging extra for the control switch!

Well, I think it's probably not too hard to fab one out of some sheet aluminum. Evilpsych could tell you more about it, but the Harbor Freight has a little bracket that mounts the control box horizontally so the control plug goes straight up to the hood. It is a cheap little affair that bolts to the crossbars and zipties (!) to the motor housing.

Pretty nifty looking winch, Brian! Can't wait to try it out! The Missus is scared of fast winches...nightmares about crooked fingers wrapped in steel cable.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    started a topic heads up on warn 9.5xp...

heads up on warn 9.5xp...

first see photo...

one would think that this winch would include all that you see there.

not true.

the bracket to mount the control pack upright, as you see it, is nowhere to be found.

called warn... "that bracket is included in our winch mounting kits." they said.

"i don't need one of your winch mounting kits." I replied.

"Oh, well, you can order just the bracket. " says rep. "part number 13557 for the upright mount or 26368 for a mount across the motor."

"thanks"
    says me.

I think it's stupid that they don't include one of these with the winch. Just thought I'd share.
Working...
X