Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herculiner?

i am concidering some liners for my jeep.. has anyone used the herculiner? i am also looking at speed liner, which someone else sprays in. half the price of rhino liner.
    has anyone used the do it yourself liners?
    anyone use speed liner?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Re: herculiner?

Originally posted by NAILER341
    i am concidering some liners for my jeep.. has anyone used the herculiner? i am also looking at speed liner, which someone else sprays in. half the price of rhino liner.
    has anyone used the do it yourself liners?
    anyone use speed liner?
    You mean your going to get rid of your carpet?

I was thinking about doing the same thing on my Jeep, but figured I'd spend the money on something more useful.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

erik it will be better to have no carpet when you drive through the mud swamp this year at the rubicon!! LOL
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have herculiner in the back. It works great. I'll probably do the front this summer.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
          I have herculiner in the back. It works great. I'll probably do the front this summer.
          does it filter out heat and sound better than carpet?
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

no it doesn't. That is why I have carpet in the front.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I've helped 2 friends herculiner their vehicles. The 1st one was a CJ-7. We did the Jeeps complete floor. Nice thing about it was he was able to add additional coats (thickness) in area's he wanted. The finished product looked great. About the only way i could tell it apart from Rhino or other "professionally applied" others was the thickness. We compared it to a friends 66' Bronco that was Rhinolined and couldn't believe just how thin the Rhino was compared to the herculiner. Granted my friend added additional coats in areas he wanted, but even area's that he only applied 1 coat to there was still a big difference compared to the Bronco's rhinoliner.

I'd imagine the only "real" advantage of alot of the professionally applied stuff is it comes in a ton of colors now. I'm pretty sure herculiner only comes in Black and of course you wouldn't have to do all the prep work, but when you compare the $$$...well it's all in how much you want to spend vs. how much elbow grease you are willing to apply and $$$ you'll save i guess.

The 2nd vehicle was a Dakota pick-up. Basically we used the leftover herculiner from the CJ-7 project to do the bed of this truck. ALOT easier to do a truckbed. Not nearly as much prep work and hard to reach areas as the CJ-7. Total time to so the Dakota was around 3 hours. The CJ-7....3 days. (this included stripping everything out of the Jeep, prep, as well as 3 coats of heculiner in areas then putting it all back together).

In both cases we used the herculiner spraygun/nozzle. Application was ALOT easier. I couldn't even imagine attempting to roll it on. I'd say they should make the spraygun MANDATORY for applying that stuff.

PREP work is the killer. The time it will take you to sand, wipe, clean, condition, tape-off is where all the hardwork is. The actually application is quite easy.

I would recommend some sort of mask while applying. That stuff can do some damage to your lungs.

I'm going to go ahead and do mine "one of these days". The guy with the CJ-7 ended up selling it and he gave me the gun and nozzle for free. There isn't much use for it other then to Herculiner something. It's currently at a friends house who is going to do his Jeep "one of these days"...LOL...That should be Jeep's logo "One of these days"...

Oh yeah, cost. Think my friend bought 2 tubs of Heculiner from Kragen at $60 a tub, then there was some sort of rebate of $20 a tub so it ran him around $80 for the stuff. I have no idea what the spraygun/nozzle cost though. IMHO he bought too much. I'd think 1 tub would be enough for 1 vehicle.
              Last edited by PondScum; 06-25-04, 02:28 PM.
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
              AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
              15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
              33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
              FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
              Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
              RE Hand Throttle
              Optima Red Top
              K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Beware of the fumes!

My buddy and his brother herculined his brother's cj-5. Yes, the prep work is tedious, but watch out for the fumes. Not only will they damage your lungs they will fry your brain. Be prepared for headaches and dizziness
                It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Re: Beware of the fumes!

Originally posted by king4wd
                  but watch out for the fumes. Not only will they damage your lungs they will fry your brain. Be prepared for headaches and dizziness
                  I dont this Erik has to worry about that
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Re: Re: Beware of the fumes!

Originally posted by Dukes69
                    I dont this Erik has to worry about that
                    i snort lacquer thinner for breakfast
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                    X