• space ship one, picts.

my wife Lynda took these.
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

what is the job of this thing?

cool pics!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

umm, to fly into space! have you missed the news?

cool pics tho, neato to go see something like that
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
        what is the job of this thing?

cool pics!
        The info I got was that some rich dude entered a contest to get into space first or something the prize being $10 million bucks. Except it cost him $20 million to build the whole thing. Thats my understanding of it.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Rutan is an experimental plane builder. Has all sorts of strange designes, canard wings, E-Z, trippy looking stuff. He has flown around the world with the pilot of the spaceone in home built experimental planes. He designed and built the Voyager- which did the first non stop flight around the world without refueling.

The spaceship one not only is the first private build craft to enter space and return but the dam thing uses tire rubber and nitrous for fuel- His team engineers kept telling him that his design would not work - yet he thought it would and it did!

Al whats his name from Micro Soft put up $20,000,000 of his own money to help fund this project.
          Kirk
          1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Kirk
            1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
              The info I got was that some rich dude entered a contest to get into space first or something the prize being $10 million bucks. Except it cost him $20 million to build the whole thing. Thats my understanding of it.
              Not quite. The govt. is putting up a $10 million "prize" for the first team (business, individual, whatever) that can develope a craft capable of carrying a pilot and 3 passengers into space and back safely, twice in two weeks. This project was under developement well before the "prize" was put out there, but so far this is the leading developement for that prize. I'm not much of a space freak, but I think it is pretty cool what they accomplished yesterday!
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                Not quite. The govt. is putting up a $10 million "prize" for the first team (business, individual, whatever) that can develope a craft capable of carrying a pilot and 3 passengers into space and back safely, twice in two weeks. This project was under developement well before the "prize" was put out there, but so far this is the leading developement for that prize. I'm not much of a space freak, but I think it is pretty cool what they accomplished yesterday!
                From what I've read I think there are 2 prizes for $10 million. The X Prize is for being able to fly a manned craft 62 miles up twice within a 2 week period. They are going to do that in August.

And another the "something else prize for $10 Million" Which is for 2 flights with 3 passengers within 2 weeks. I thought that one was from some org in Europe.

The interviews with Ratan and Allen have said flat out they believe they can make a fortune with this. There is already some organization which has $2million in deposits for $98,000 rides like the one Monday.
                Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

Originally posted by Cetrov
                  His team engineers kept telling him that his design would not work - yet he thought it would and it did!
                  Which further proves my point, that engineers don't know shit!
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                    Which further proves my point, that engineers don't know shit!
                    careful there ... hehe
                    :shades:
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      careful there ... hehe
                      :shades:
                      HA

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance