Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-Frikin'-Believable...

So I get home from work, check the mail and find a letter from the management company of my apartment complex.

"Sorry to hear of the recent events..." or "Regarding your recent request for installing bars on the window..." were possible topics I thought I'd find inside.

nope.

not even close.

instead it read...

Dear Brian,

Enclosed you will find a copy a bill in the amount of $112.63 for the replacement of the broken window in your apartment. Please remit $112.63 to clear up your account.

Please remit payment to: Blah Blah Blah (address of the a$$')

Sincerely,

(the a$$')

Receivables

What a frigin' joke. First off, nice proof reading. Secondly, if I pay a dime for that window, it goes with me when I move out. We'll see how they like that one.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Pretty sad dude. Adding insult to injury.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

talk to the owner of the building about "their" insurance. see if it will cover your losses.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

yeah, what erik said! screw those guys, buy a dam house.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Not normally a person to suggest suing for Tenants Rights

Landlord liability for crimes commited against tenants
          Tenant's Rights Clinic
          California Dept of Consumer Affairs recommendations on resolving landlord/tenant disputes

Don't send any money at all or any letter acknowledging responsibility. If you pay for the window, you won't be getting your money or the window back.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Re: Not normally a person to suggest suing for Tenants Rights

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            Landlord liability for crimes commited against tenants
            Tenant's Rights Clinic
            California Dept of Consumer Affairs recommendations on resolving landlord/tenant disputes

Don't send any money at all or any letter acknowledging responsibility. If you pay for the window, you won't be getting your money or the window back.

That's a good point. I also know a lawyer who deals in this subject.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Great links Ted. Thanks.
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Re: Re: Not normally a person to suggest suing for Tenants Rights

Originally posted by sarah
                That's a good point. I also know a lawyer who deals in this subject.
                Thanks sarah. I'll have a talk with the manager and see what happens. If things are looking grim I'll get the number of that lawyer from you.
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

F*&^ the man! Stick it to 'em!

One question, do you have renters insurance? It would probably cover that IF you are forced to pay that.
                  Erik

I fix things.

Comment

ok had to bring it back tot the top...yea i know im a schmuck but my dad said you dont have to pay for that(hes a lawyer that deals with all this kinda crap) just thought id let ya know

oh yea have you paid this or what or did you get it settled...?
                    B R E T T
                    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Working...
                    X