Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on topic?

i've noticed most of the threads become "chats" i think it would be a good idea to at least, try.. to stay on topic in all sections except "off topic"
    whaddya think?
    like the thread that was closed for example... i wasnt finished with my damage report, and it had to be closed because it wondered too far off topic. lets try to stay focused on the topic.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

i agree, , we've been trying to figure out what to do about this, and i think this is a good start. we still want to hear more about your carnage too! :hat:
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      we still want to hear more about your carnage too! :hat:
      erik broke his jeep again.

the end.

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
        erik broke his jeep again.

the end.

lol... yup
        ERIK

Comment

I'm kinda pissed, just don't know who at. You talk about staying on topic, yet in the discussion about being on topic, you go into a tangent of your own about karnage. GOOD EXAMPLE. So anyhow, I'm pissed, cause I put in some VERY On-Topic Trivia, and someone moved them to the OFF-Topic section. Now if I had posted some BS about Cherokees in the SWB section, ya know, move it. But one was a trivia question about V-8's, so I put it in the V-8 section. It was moved.

So anyhow, here's your final trivia question from Trailbst:

Who is the only MJR member who's post count actually went down instead of up????

Give up??

Answer: Trailbst

You guys ROCKED me for a while!

See ya around.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
            I'm kinda pissed, just don't know who at. You talk about staying on topic, yet in the discussion about being on topic, you go into a tangent of your own about karnage. GOOD EXAMPLE. So anyhow, I'm pissed, cause I put in some VERY On-Topic Trivia, and someone moved them to the OFF-Topic section. Now if I had posted some BS about Cherokees in the SWB section, ya know, move it. But one was a trivia question about V-8's, so I put it in the V-8 section. It was moved.

Who is the only MJR member who's post count actually went down instead of up????

Give up??

See ya around.
            Erik (Trailbst),

IM me on AIM

I'm :confused:

What happened?
            Last edited by Dukes69; 07-08-03, 09:23 PM.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst

Give up??

See ya around.
              just so you know, i did'nt move or dellete anything
              ERIK

Comment

Re: on topic?

Originally posted by NAILER341
                i've noticed most of the threads become "chats" i think it would be a good idea to at least, try.. to stay on topic in all sections except "off topic"
                whaddya think?
                like the thread that was closed for example... i wasnt finished with my damage report, and it had to be closed because it wondered too far off topic. lets try to stay focused on the topic.
                the topic of this thread is that erik's thread got closed and he didn't get to finish telling about his carnage. so the thread technically is about on topic and erik's carnage, in my opinion.

trailbst, if you're even still out there, or for everyone else who is ...
                i do apologize for moving your threads and not pm'ing you about it. however, with the recent "clutter" that has been acumulating on this board (and you all know what i'm talking about) we're making an effort to keep threads on topic and to the point.

now i'm not saying that your posts were clutter, so don't quote me on that. someone had to make the judgement call whether yours and anyone's posts are in the right spot. it happened to be me.

sorry, trailbst. if you decide to ever come back, we welcome you.

Comment

I will admit, I have contributed to the "Clutter."

Something we have to understand:

MJR is growing, and we need to estabilsh ourselves as a good, fun bunch of people, that can help you with your tech questions and have fun. When its this small, only 71 members, its hard not to use it as a big "chat room." I dont agree or disagree with the Admins choice to move and "clean-up" some posts. The way I see it, If its not Tech then its off topic. To tell you the truth, I am sometimes confused as to where I should post things, and my threads have been moved by other mods. Erik(Trailbst), You are an asset to MJR. The purpose was not to single you out, but to clean up the clutter. Hell, even my post count went down.

We all just need to understand that inorder for MJR to prosper, we all need to think before we post. AND THAT INCLUDES ME!! I wish this was a big chat room, but its not. We are new at this, please bear with us. Some of us are on different pages, and when we all get in the same page this SOB is going to take off. Please have fun, thats what Jeepin and MJR is all about!!
                  -Chris
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I've been with some other boards when they were very small (similar to this one), and I have to agree with the admin folks on this issue. We had a heck of a time once the site started growing since we had used it as a "big chat room". As new members got involved, they saw what we had been doing, and they just continued in our foot steps. Once the site was big enough, and had enough info mixed into the various threads, it was impossible to actually find that info because we had so much BS in there. At one point we had some volunteer(s) go through certain forums and extract the useful posts from certain threads, get rid of all the "off topic" posts, and then they archived the condensed versions of the threads. There was some sucess with that, but it was alot of extra work that wasn't really needed if we had kept it clean from the start.

That is when the "off topic" section was started, and it helped clean that site up, but we still lost all the information we had accumulated in the early days. I think it is better to keep it organized from the start....even if that means moving threads and telling people like me to stay on topic (as I have a tendancy to give people hell when I can )

One last comment on organization--thread titles that actually represent what is in the thread are a big help when the site gets big enough that you actually need to use the search function.
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

thanks guys, for your input. it means alot to us.

Comment

fyi ...

this is is the "agreement" that you should have read when you signed up for the forum...

"The owners (and moderators) of MJR Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Comment

Yea, but who reads those things? They are kind of like the "license agreements" for new software packages, you kinda glance at it and think "yea yea yea...whatever" as you click on the <<I accept>> button.
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

hehe, you're right. this is true. but in certain times like these, it's a good reference.

Comment

Working...
                            X