Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Picture Printing?

well.. i think i am ready to start printing some pictures. i am curious who you guys use to print yours, and how you like the quality.
    kinkos seems expensive at like 60 cents each
    where is the best place to go? how much?
    is anyone using the on line picture printing? imagestation, and places like that?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

wow! ink! i forgot what that was!
    :hat:

actually i'd be curious to know too.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If you are planning on doing a lot of enlargements, consider getting a color inkjet printer and quality paper. One of the gals I work with is the team photographer for the town swim team. She tells me the secret is the special paper. The printers themselves can be had for a couple hundred bucks. I will ask her which one she is using, but IIRC it is an epson. Lots of digital photog mags also have "printer shoot-out" reviews too.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I do my own. I have a hp 3 in 1 and it prints great.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

i have the Epson Stylus CX5200. Printer, Scanner, Copier. If you get the specail glossy photo paper, and set this thing to photo print it does some pretty good pictures. It can do all that enlarging and shrinking and what not like a regular copy machine. So far its been pretty good
          B R E T T
          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

how large of pics are you planning on printing?

WalMart has picture printing from cd for .38 for a 4x6 (I think) full size are like $4. Ive used them ALOT and am happy with the outcome. Frankly, I hate to burn all of my ink on just a few pics. I have a HP fax/scan/copier/printer. The pics turn out REALLY nice, but the ink cartridge is teeny tiny.

have Fun!
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

thanks for the info.. i took some to wal mart to try them out. i havent gotten them back yet, but i'll let you know how it works out.
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                how large of pics are you planning on printing?

WalMart has picture printing from cd for .38 for a 4x6 (I think) full size are like $4. Ive used them ALOT and am happy with the outcome. Frankly, I hate to burn all of my ink on just a few pics. I have a HP fax/scan/copier/printer. The pics turn out REALLY nice, but the ink cartridge is teeny tiny.

have Fun!

I must say if your gonna be printing lots of pictures your gonna burn thru ink fast...but for the occasional few it works well.
                B R E T T
                87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

We use walmart, too. No complaints. I don't understand where you said you haven't got them back, yet. We've always got them while we were standing there. How many are you printing?

The wifey uses Snapfish online to host and print some pictures. Occassionally she gets deals and prints all the ones she puts online. I think she just did one that was $20 for 300+ pics. The quality is about the same as Walmart and it only took a couple days for them to get here.
                  I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                  1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                    We use walmart, too. No complaints. I don't understand where you said you haven't got them back, yet. We've always got them while we were standing there. How many are you printing?

The wifey uses Snapfish online to host and print some pictures. Occassionally she gets deals and prints all the ones she puts online. I think she just did one that was $20 for 300+ pics. The quality is about the same as Walmart and it only took a couple days for them to get here.
                    so far it is not a very good experience, but i think it is just a fluke. [i hope]
                    well, i scanned the cd in the machine for them to print the pics. they said it would be an hour, so i figured... hey, i'll go have a nice long lunch, and gorge at the buffet. so i did just that.. about an hour later i went back, and she said they werent ready yet. so of course the cheap bastard that i am... i said, well do i get a discount now? and explained that i had been waiting for an hour. she said she would take care of me.
                    so... i went home, and surfed the recycler for something jeep. found a set of soft doors in compton, and went and got them.
                    by now another 2-3 hours had passed, so i went back to wal mart on my way home.
                    STILL NOT DONE! so... being the cheap bastard i am... i told the girl that i will be needing like a 90% discount now to be happy since i have wasted so much time with these pics.
                    she said "i'll take care of you". i'll be going over there this morning to see if they are ready or not. :confused:
                    ERIK

Comment

hmmmm....I don't know that I'd go back to that Walmart for photo printing.
                      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                        hmmmm....I don't know that I'd go back to that Walmart for photo printing.
                        well, i got a call from them sayng their machine got jammed up, and they had to delete my file so now i am back at page 1. BUT they are going to give them to me for 10 cents each so... i'll go back with a larger order.
                        i'll let you know how it works out.
                        ERIK

Comment

you som biach! you should change your username to "dealman"
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

hehehehehe...maybe I should be a bit more clear next time.

I used the self service Kodak Picture Maker machine

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Yeah its that special paper that really makes the difference. He have had the HP PSC500 printe/scanner/copier and my dad wanted something else for the digitals prints. He Went and bought the Cannon i475D and premium photo inkjet paper and that works fine if you need it I can get a price for you on the printer and paper. but if your my dad it won't be too much cheaper because he just bought it to print 4 pics and it has been collecting dust on my shelves for 4 months... thinking about selling it without tellin him.
                              those arent scratches and dents those are accent marks...

Comment

Working...
                              X