X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Mail theft huh? I thought I was the only one who has that problem. Of course I live a little farther down the hill than you do, (so it is expected down here). Well, ok, I live ALOT farther down the hill......3 more blocks and I would fall off the hill.....then I'd be all wet, and that would suck almost as bad as jury duty.

And you never even stop by to say "Hi" You're just as bad as Chuck

Yeah, mail theft. My sister got her tax return stolen, that was a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Mail theft huh? I thought I was the only one who has that problem. Of course I live a little farther down the hill than you do, (so it is expected down here). Well, ok, I live ALOT farther down the hill......3 more blocks and I would fall off the hill.....then I'd be all wet, and that would suck almost as bad as jury duty.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I'm at a loss guys.

On one hand, if I call in and ask for another postponment, they will know I have gotten the letter. Now if I just skip it and let them send me a nasty letter, I can live with that. Ya know, there is alot of mail theft here in the PV

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Take some alka-seltzer with you...whenever they call you to seat you on a jury, pop one in your mouth and start muttering things like "hang them all!" and "they're all guilty....send them to the chair"....it may not get you out of it, but it sure would look cool!

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    chris.. do what i told you mang... after the postponements

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    sooo . . . just blow it off? I can do that
    yup, basically...

someone i work with used her postponements (the automated ones on 800-srv-jury), but needed to postpone again... she talked to a real live person and asked for another postponement and they said OK and didn't even give her a hard time about it. i think you're limited to 2 postponements throught the automated service, but if you talk to a real person (and ask NICELY! ) they'll grant you another. remember- we don't want to be on a jury and see you sitting at the defense table

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    ehhhh.... i got called a while ago... postponed... postponed... didn't show up on my date... they sent me a nasty letter a couple weeks later telling me i MUST go on a certain date or there would be a bench warrant issued.

you might try that approach, but i know thy've really cracked down on people serving when they're supposed to. my experience was before the 'one-day, one-trial' program was started.
    sooo . . . just blow it off? I can do that

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    ehhhh.... i got called a while ago... postponed... postponed... didn't show up on my date... they sent me a nasty letter a couple weeks later telling me i MUST go on a certain date or there would be a bench warrant issued.

you might try that approach, but i know thy've really cracked down on people serving when they're supposed to. my experience was before the 'one-day, one-trial' program was started.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by TACOJ-7
    Run and see where thats going to get you!
    :confused:

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    Actually, I dont. Serving my country and serving jury duty cant really be compared, IMO. If there was a draft, and I got called to duty, I would serve my county.

And the wet spot isnt from sweat . . . depends

Run and see where thats gets you!
    Last edited by TACOJ-7; 07-06-03, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailbst
    Why do I get the feeling that you say a prayer everynight, thanking God (insert your personal preference here) that there isn't a draft anymore. LOL I can just see you in cammies now, with a big old wet spot on your ass from sweating LOL J/K

Love ya man! Good luck with the jury duty thing.
    Actually, I dont. Serving my country and serving jury duty cant really be compared, IMO. If there was a draft, and I got called to duty, I would serve my county.

And the wet spot isnt from sweat . . . depends

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    So the july date is the "postponed to" date?

That sucks.

Well, I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll send you pictures.
    Yes this is the postponed date. Pictures are not an option. I AM going on this trip, whos gunna stop me? The government, laughable

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    So the july date is the "postponed to" date?

That sucks.

Well, I guess if worse comes to worse, we'll send you pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    They changed alot last year (or was it the year before). They will get at least one day out of you. Even judges can't get out of it now.

Chris, when you go in, ask them for a postponement for 2 weeks. Several people had legitamate reasons for needing one last time I went (vacation qualifies--remember, you are not trying to get out of it, just more it to a better time), they are more flexible if you appear to be trying to make it work rather than getting out of it all together. Just be honest with them, tell them you are going to be out of town on vacation, and it is too late to ask the rest of the group to postpone the trip. Add that you'll be happy to come in and serve at a later time (suggest a reasonable time frame). Of course, you should be polite and not tell them that they all suck balls when you first talk to them (no matter how you really feel ).

If all else fails, make it seem like you would be a bad choice to sit on the jury. That is how I got out of it last time. Just don't lie to them.

edit--As I recall, being a student IS a valid excuse, if school is in session during the time you are supposed to serve. So unless you are going to summer school, then that won't help you.
    I already postponed it. Matbe I'll just toss um a bunch of crap and see it they bite. man this sucks

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    They changed alot last year (or was it the year before). They will get at least one day out of you. Even judges can't get out of it now.

Chris, when you go in, ask them for a postponement for 2 weeks. Several people had legitamate reasons for needing one last time I went (vacation qualifies--remember, you are not trying to get out of it, just more it to a better time), they are more flexible if you appear to be trying to make it work rather than getting out of it all together. Just be honest with them, tell them you are going to be out of town on vacation, and it is too late to ask the rest of the group to postpone the trip. Add that you'll be happy to come in and serve at a later time (suggest a reasonable time frame). Of course, you should be polite and not tell them that they all suck balls when you first talk to them (no matter how you really feel ).

If all else fails, make it seem like you would be a bad choice to sit on the jury. That is how I got out of it last time. Just don't lie to them.

edit--As I recall, being a student IS a valid excuse, if school is in session during the time you are supposed to serve. So unless you are going to summer school, then that won't help you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X