• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepGal
    replied
    Re: you got me good

Originally posted by V8m38a1
    ......DOH!!!...GOT ME!!
    And here I was just thinking how nice everyone is on this site. Well i still think that way. Thanks for the laugh.
    Youre WELCOME!

And WELCOME to MJR. We're glad to have you here.

Tam

Leave a comment:

• V8m38a1
    replied
    you got me good

As a newbie to this site here I am checking out all the threads and I come across this one 'bout the Rubicons being discontinued due to someone with way too much money and way too little brains doing something so stupid in a MALL PARKING LOT!! I'm getting all upset how they ruined it for the rest of us. Now I have no real plans to actually buy a Rubicon myself but still I'm all worked up and then I continue to read down further......DOH!!!...GOT ME!!
    And here I was just thinking how nice everyone is on this site. Well i still think that way. Thanks for the laugh.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    I guess a few of us fell for that one!!! Tom didn't!!!

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    AHA! Dang im so gullible

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    hey! why'd you delete my post?
    Sorry Chuck...I wanted everyone else to read it before they realized that it was an APRIL FOOLS Joke!

LOL...testing out the buttons and switches in a PARKINGLOT

Hope everyone had a fun April Fools Day!

Tam

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    :mad: Man!! Took alot of brain energy to come up with my great opinion!! Thanx Alot!!!

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Nice story. Too bad the SAME story went around last year on April Fools Day too (almost word for word).

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Originally posted by AriZonaTJ
    Ouch, That hurts. It looks like by the time I have the cash for one they will be collectors items. dang.
    Same here. Looks like we'll just have to build them the ol' fasion way.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Amazing. A vehicle (for example,a Jeep ) is mass produced in a design second to perfection of what it's meant to do and some yuppie(s) who obviously have'nt a clue about the equipment they just bought, ruin it for everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Re: Re: Production of Rubicon to cease...

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
    Now...first of all a parking lot is the last place a jeep wants to be! and second 4:1 low = you cant drive very fast. Plus when turning there are lockers and im assuming these "switches" would be for the lockers. Looks like people dont know what they bought and need to know what they are getting into before buying it. yes? no? agree disagree? any Rubi owners out there with comments?
    I agree!! This idiot obvisouly didn't know what she was driving or how to drive it and didn't appreciate it. I only drive "Marvin" (not a rubicon) in four wheel drive during adverse conditions, like today it rained; however, it's open (doors and sides off) so I didn't drive it.

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    hey! why'd you delete my post?

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Re: Production of Rubicon to cease...

Originally posted by JeepGal
    Did you guys see this?:

"We took it to the Southridge Mall parking lot and tried
    pulling the little lever and pressing the buttons for the four wheel
    drive system." she said in an interview, "But it went so slow people
    were honking at us and when we tried to turn into a parking space it
    felt like the whole drivetrain just locked up solid and the tires
    made all these scratching and squealing noises." Other complaints
    listed in the lawsuit included poor gas mileage, noisy highway ride
    and the possibility of environmental damage if used off road.

Now...first of all a parking lot is the last place a jeep wants to be! and second 4:1 low = you cant drive very fast. Plus when turning there are lockers and im assuming these "switches" would be for the lockers. Looks like people dont know what they bought and need to know what they are getting into before buying it. yes? no? agree disagree? any Rubi owners out there with comments?

Leave a comment:

• AriZonaTJ
    replied
    Ouch, That hurts. It looks like by the time I have the cash for one they will be collectors items. dang.

Leave a comment:

• cajeepgirl
    replied
    What is this world coming too when people buy jeeps to try and four wheel in mall parking lots? Whoo It has big tires and tough looks- Let's Go To The Mall! <=(

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    No actually this was corroborated by the Senior VP for marketing for DC, Willy Kaiser.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X