X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jccj7
    replied
    thanks for the ideas.

I do have a flash card, but wanted to have my synching automatic due to my wireless LAN. Having to move the card from one to another is a little more work than is required.

I tried the laplink site, but I guess need to go back and do some more research.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    http://laplink.com/
    has some things that might help you. i used the laplink gold networking cable which networks your computers with a dual usb cable. it works pretty well, but as said above the usb flash cards are great! i switched to one of those as well.

Leave a comment:

• TrAvELAr
    replied
    Re: WinXP

Originally posted by kicka55
    If you are using Windows XP, just use the synchronize tool that is built in.
    That will sync to a network fileserver when you log on or off. BEing active directory based, you would probably need a server runing a server based OS. Windows 2000 also has this capability.

It depends on the sizes of you files, but I use a USB Flash Drive. I have a 512 MB drive and I use it all the time. It's convenient. I even have Trilian, my IM software, installed to it. That way I have my contacts on any of my systems.

Just my .02¢.

Leave a comment:

• kicka55
    replied
    WinXP

If you are using Windows XP, just use the synchronize tool that is built in.

Leave a comment:

• jccj7
    started a topic Synching laptop with desktop files

Synching laptop with desktop files

Anyone have any suggestions of a software package that will synchronize the files on a desktop to a laptop via a LAN? I want my laptop to have the same files or updated files as my laptop. It's driving me crazy trying to remember where my files are stored, laptop or desktop.

Any software type will do, shareware, off the shelf, or downloadable.

Thanks

JC
Working...
X