• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    There's a few...just very far between.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    lived near LA for 16 years I never saw an angel.
    well, i know i have. miracles happen!

Leave a comment:

• kizer
    replied
    I lived near LA for 16 years I never saw an angel.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yeah...kinda traps you that way.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    You know I grew up here (Santa Monica) and sometimes get fed up with the city.But after a while of being gone whether it be gone in the Army or gone on vacation I really start to miss her (LA). Growing up here there's a seduction that's crept into my bones about this place.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    On a clear day you can see the Hollywood sign. I'll try to snap a shot of that if I see it.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I is retarded

My Backyard

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    i think she meant ... where did you take it FROM?
    as in, like your GPS coordinates or something

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by qwiksilver
    Hey, BTW, where were you to get the photo?
    I took it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I remember those riots. I was near Florence and Normandy a half hour before hell erupted. I couldn't figure out why the boss was so thankful I got back ok. I had been at the Central Post Office doing the daily bulk mailing and had no idea what was going on. I was working on Hollywood Boulevard at the time and the building diagonal from the one I was working in burned to the ground and our office got looted. I knew something bad was going to happen and took the hard drive to the main computer home with me. The boss took the computer files on disk and flew out to Vegas to sit it out. There was a gun battle over the liquor store next to my apartment building. It was a surreal time sitting on the roof watching LA burn. First time I had ever lived with a curfew. I couldn't go to my night job. It was strange having the military on the streets. Not all of them were National Guard. I saw Troop Command patches on the arms of the MPs. They were regulars from Yuma. I know that patch. I wore it when I was in the Army.

Hey, BTW, where were you to get the photo?

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    oh
    my
    gosh.

chris, that's definitely a keeper! amazing shot, i'm coming over to your house! lol

Leave a comment:

• Cetrov
    replied
    The city of Angels,

I was out with my camera when the Rodney Riots hit. I've got pictures of the "Angles" for ya. It was Hell on earth. They were looking at me like they were Devils - nothing Heavenly about the city then!

I gots the pictures to prove it.

I've walked skid row taking pictures of the people living out there. Handed out blankets to the homless.

No Angels there.

This City is mis-named - should be City of the Devils.

Los Diablos

But it is a beautiful picture.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    OOOoooooo...purty.

Does the air smell sweeter up there too?

Tam

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    started a topic Da City of Angels

Da City of Angels

in the sunset
Working...
X