Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Desert Math

These are not jokes. They are real! Seriously!
    • Scenario One: We're getting ready for the Rubicon trip a couple of weeks ago and I go to Albertson's to get food for the trip. Rick wants 2/3 pound of turkey pastrami. So I go to the deli counter and say, "I'd like 2/3 pounds of turkey pastrami." The girl replies, "is that more or less than 1/2 a pound?"

• Scenario Two: After work, and then the bar, I get home and it's 10pm - I realize I haven't eaten dinner. I grab the dog and leave the Jeep doors in the garage and head to Wendy's. Seeing my over-abundance of quarters, I figure I'll use some of them up. The total came to $4.34, so I gave the late nite dude 3 paper dollars and 6 quarters. I watched him thru the drive thru window look at the quarters in his hand like he had never seen a quarter before. A minute later he calls over another girl that was working, and neither of them had put the money in the cash register yet, they were just staring at it. Finally the manager comes over, enters the amount I gave him into the register, and quickly gives me the correct change. Then he apologized. Cripe!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I have 2 questions ... 1) Which is it, more or less ? and 2) how much change did you get back?

:tongue: That's almost borderline scary! But I believe it
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I'm tellin' ya... my dream girl is up there somewhere.:yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Scarier yet is that anyone actually eats Turkey Pastrami. There are parts of the east coast where that doesn't even require a trial before they hang you...
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

brian hopeuflly your kinda chick is the manager lady LOL
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

dumb > smart, at least for a couple of hours... any longer that that, and it gets annoying

:hat:

Comment

I guess it's a good thing I've never been to the Apple Valley Albertsons or Wendy's

2/3 pound is that less or more than a half pound give me a break!!!! I use to work in a deli! Surely, they had a guide somewhere to tell this idiot that. There was one for Kroger's in OHio where I worked at.
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Must be something with the high desert and quarters, Wife and I went to the movies last night, Snack bar bill was $11.25, gave the girl a $20 bill and six quarters so to get a $10 back, She looks at and counts the quarters and says, Its only $11.25 and starts to hand me back the quarters... DUH!!!!!! And she wasnt even blonde!! (LOL LOL)

What would they do without the registers that tell you how much change to give back now days? :confused:
                04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                4" rough country springs
                Nth degree arms upper and lower
                1" Currie MML/BL
                Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                33"BFG MT's
                Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Originally posted by New one
                  Must be something with the high desert and quarters, Wife and I went to the movies last night, Snack bar bill was $11.25, gave the girl a $20 bill and six quarters so to get a $10 back, She looks at and counts the quarters and says, Its only $11.25 and starts to hand me back the quarters... DUH!!!!!! And she wasnt even blonde!! (LOL LOL)

What would they do without the registers that tell you how much change to give back now days? :confused:

I love doing that. Keeps them on thier toes. And without registers, there would be some long long lines. :angry:
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                  [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

That's because no one knows how to do math in their heads anymore!!!
                    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                    X