Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help from all Lifted TJ owners !!!!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from all Lifted TJ owners !!!!

Its coming down to less then 20 days until i get my Fabtech 4 inch lift. I saw a bad ass TJ today with 33 by 1250's today and it looked really good , didnt stick out as much, but there is another one in my school that look hiouse and stick out too much, Iam deciding between what tire and what size could you please post pix of your lift and tire sizes so i can see the diffrence between 10 adn 12 50's. Thank you very much.

hi, I have a 4.5 inch RE long arm with 33x12.50 BFG/AT on Extreme alloy 15x8 rims. 3 1/4 inch backspacing i think. I have yet to rub anywhere when going through the turning radius, even when flexed.

more pics here plus some with the stock wheels and tires 30x9.50 http://photobucket.com/albums/v678/deamersjeep/
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

go in the gallery and look up my my name, those wheels are 15x8 with 4.5"BS and 33x12.5
      04TJ, 4.0 5spd
      4" rough country springs
      Nth degree arms upper and lower
      1" Currie MML/BL
      Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
      33"BFG MT's
      Lock-rite in the front

Comment

The back spacing on the rim has a lot to do with how far the tire sticks out. So keep that in mind.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

These are 33x12.50's. 3"lift. Not sure of the actual backspacing. I purchased the jeep like this. When I took off the wheels I never saw any spacers, so there might not be any backspacing... :confused: Oh, and exdended fender flares.

Last edited by TJSUPE; 04-30-05, 06:31 PM.
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
            The back spacing on the rim has a lot to do with how far the tire sticks out. So keep that in mind.

Thats what one of my friends has been saying. whats a good back spacing so it doesnt stick out so far, i like the look with 1250 spaced right , whats a good spacing ?

Comment

I went with 3.75 spacing, dont have any pics of my tires but can take some and post them sometime today or tomorrow
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

So more backspacing your have the wider the wheel stick out ?

Comment

Backspacing is how much distance from the medial aspect of the rim (the inside) to the wheel mounting surface. Therefore, more backspacing means less "sticking out". It's recommended to go with 3.5-4.25" backspacing with 35x12.5 tires.

Also, did the TJ you saw at school have full-width axles or stock?

HTH.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

stock axels, iam looking for a clean look with tires not sticking out far for the 1250's what do u reccomend ?

Comment

RE 3.5" springs (currently riding at 3.75" over stock height). 285/75R16 MT/R's on stock wheels.

Tires stick out just far enough to make a mess on the side of the jeep (and inside the jeep when the doors are off), yet don't stick out enough to rub on the fender flares.
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

My tires, 33x12.50 BFG MT on Cragar 397 black steelies stick out a little less than what you see on goodtimes Jeep.

goodtimes, that is one clean looking jeep! Almost wants to make me go wash mine
                        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

That was a rare moment....it isn't nearly that clean right now.....
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

whats the back spacing on the 397 steelys? and do you have ne trouble rubbing ?

Comment

Here are a couple pics showing mine flexed and tucked. info on earlier post

Dennis
                              04 TJ
                              4.0/Auto
                              RE 4.5 Long Arm
                              Rock-It Man Rockers
                              33x12.50 BFG A/T
                              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                              X