Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cetrov
    replied
    I put in a 4 1\2 inch rubicon lift, short arm. I like it. Handles worse on the street than it used to.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    as far as the lift... if chris can do it, anybody can do it
    i personally havent done a tj lift, but have seen them done in an evening. (i mean full day).. i'd get some feedback from other jeepers as to which lift to get, and you will surely get mixed feedback. if i had a tj, and some money kicking around, i'd go for the long arm kit. but that is just me... i think that requires more labor, and some welding to install. the short arm kits are pretty much bolt on aplications.
    Are these kits difficult to install? Are there any special tools required? Does the installation of a lift kit change the alignment? If I don’t lower the transfer case what do I need to do to either the transfer case or the rear driveshaft so that it doesn’t end up with some kind of strange vibration?
    for the vibes, you'll want/need a sye=slip yoke eliminator, and a new drive shaft.
    the rest of the tj owners willl elaborate on those points

Leave a comment:

• jeepish
    started a topic How About Those Lift Kits

How About Those Lift Kits

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Of course ever since we purchased our Jeep I’m like a kid with a new toy and like most kids, not particularly patient. I just purchased and picked up some flares from Duke69, and after meeting him and looking at his Jeep I could tell he’s serious about off roading. (& about Mopars!) I must admit that initially I wanted to buy new rims and tires and lift my TJ because it looks cool, that’s still true but Chris did give me some things to think about (and you know how much kids like to think)

I still want 33’s and a 3-4” lift, I used to build cars and looking at some of the lift kits I don’t see anything that looks that difficult to install. Of coarse now its 20 years later and I’m 30+ lbs heavier so I can imagine myself getting about halfway through this kind of installation and calling out for “Mr. Wizard.”

Are these kits difficult to install? Are there any special tools required? Does the installation of a lift kit change the alignment? If I don’t lower the transfer case what do I need to do to either the transfer case or the rear driveshaft so that it doesn’t end up with some kind of strange vibration?

Just thinking about it.

~chuck
Working...
X