Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ coils

does anyone know the height of an uncompressed front ZJ coil that has a V8?? i bought some today but im not sure if they are actually what i want...im trying to use em to lift my xj. they measure 18" but i belive that is the same height as the XJ coil height, and i remember them being shorter in pictures of them next to xj ones.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

I have a pair of ZJ V8 front coils in my shed. Will measure them when I get home tonight.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      I have a pair of ZJ V8 front coils in my shed. Will measure them when I get home tonight.

cool thanks. Ill be waitin'
      B R E T T

Comment

Mine are 18" also. Don't know if that helps you any. I think (stress the word think) the are the same size as the XJ coils but are stiffer to composate for the weight of V8 engine.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
          Mine are 18" also. Don't know if that helps you any. I think (stress the word think) the are the same size as the XJ coils but are stiffer to composate for the weight of V8 engine.

ok. yea my hopes are that they give me a little boost because of how stiff they are for the V8. as soon as i get my bumpstops ready ill put em on and see what comes of it. Thanks for measuring!
          B R E T T

Comment

If it helps you any the ZJ V8 coils are a cheap way of getting roughly 2.5" of lift on a TJ and the TJ front coils are around 17" (cant remember exactly what they are but are just a little shorter than the ZJs)
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

IIRC a ZJ spring will give you one inch of lift over an XJ spring. Same goes for aftermarket springs. A RE ZJ 4.5 spring will give 5.5 inches on an XJ. I think you can get 2 inches out a a V8 ZJ Up Country spring, if you can find some.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

well i finally got them suckers on there and they gave me about 1 inch of lift which works fine for me, plus i trimmed the front fenders and it looks like more than 1 inch!! YAY
                B R E T T

Comment

Nice!!! :d :d
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                  X