Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Coilovers

Wanting to but some coilovers on the front of my jeep. Have 4.0 engine with tube fenders and a winch. What size and spring rate do you guys think?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Actually Curtis 2 things first figure out how much travel you can get out of your front suspension that kinda determines,12", 14" or 15" coilovers, then weigh the whole Jeep, then just the front axle, then the rear. That should give the coilover vendor a pretty good idea.
    Also King will let you change springs till you are happy. If you go with those order them through Trent fab in Reno and pick them up will call in Garden Grove, you might get lucky and still get away with skipping the sales tax. On mine 200 over 250 does the trick in the front

Comment

If you don’t have access to a scale you could also use a single spring and multiply the spring weight by the number of inches the spring compresses with the weight of the Jeep on it.
      Check out .

Comment

Do you guys do much street/freeway driving with these coilovers? Just wondering if theres any difference in handling at all?

Comment

My front is 250/275. I told you something different, but confirmed yesterday-
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
            My front is 250/275. I told you something different, but confirmed yesterday-
            Are they still 12"? Hey also thanks alot.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Yes.. Still 12"
              ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                Do you guys do much street/freeway driving with these coilovers? Just wondering if theres any difference in handling at all?
                I do. Going to CO from leafs springs was the best upgrade I've done. A world of difference.
                Check out .

Comment

Thanks for the reply dirtman13.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                    I drive mine on the street to and from the trail. It handles wonderfully both on and off road. It is like a Cadillac on the road with supple suspension feel, though when it is in the curvy mountain roads, it is on rails. When done correctly, the coilovers will perform wonderfully in all conditions. The tough part is dialing it in for multiple conditions. Road and rocks is easy. Road, rocks and whoops is another story.
                    ERIK

Comment

I love how mine drives on and off road. I dont hesitate driving it long distances.
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Anybody know anything about Truxxoffroad and there shocks? I heard about a coilover bypass with bump stop combined.

Comment

Working...
                        X