Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, that would make for a good looking Jeep, and I also like Jim's reason for the body lift, to get a little more clearance for some of the important items that like to drag.

Comment

Usually a 4" kit comes with a drop pitman arm, so you would be covered anyhooo.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

good point rick, forgot about that.

Comment

All this is good to know, I think though that I am going to go witht the 2 1/2", I've still got three years left in school, and I plan to get a cj just after that, the cj will be the one I really want to go nuts with. my YJ is, for a while, my day2day so I have to becareful, But just for a while I swear!
          anyhow, what to you think total cost would be after all the parts? I mean how much difference between the 2.5 and 4? If its like a hundred bucks then I might go 4, but I think its a few hundred isn't it? I hate to sound like a cheap skate, but unfortunatly, for now, I have to be. At least till I get a job that pays money instead of peanuts.

Comment

Ace, took a quick look for you in Petersen's. I looked at the National Tire and Wheel ad. For a YJ, the 2.5" lift would cost $510, the 4" would cost $543. That is for the Skyjacker suspension system. Just one example. Now for just one piece of advice, do whatever you feel comfortable doing, don't let any of us Jeep freaks influence you, too much for now.

Comment

or Pro-Comp, Nailer has the 4 inch kit on his YJ and seems to be happy with it.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

it really depends what oyur future plans are for THIS jeep. if you are just going to drive to and from school, and a bit of wheeling on the weekwnds.. then, go for the 2.5".
                if you plan to build this thing up, then go for the 4"... the reason i say this is because there are a lot of other conciderations when you go to the 4" lift. your tires will no longer"look" adequate on the jeep. you WILL want to get the s.y.e. on there down the road. and that is just the beginning
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

No offense Ace, but Nailer, you might want to leave out some of the acronyms for now, for Ace's sake. You and I both know what an s.y.e. is, but, I don't know if Ace does. Talked with him a bit this morning. He is looking for all of the advice and help he can get. So, I'll let you do the write up about Slip Yoke Eliminators. Later

Comment

Slip Yoke Eliminators, got it!
                    No offense taken at all. I know somethings about jeeps, but not enough by any means, my other jeep was put together before I got it, and my only experiance otherwise is working on other peoples junk, mainly looseing and tightening bolts and stuff. I picked up a little info and learned what goes where but thats about it.
                    however feel free to use any acronyms you want, if I don't know what it is I'll look it up. I've done it about six times since joining this board. but thanks for lookin out for me trailbst, I don't know if I ever would have got Slip Yoke Eliminators from s.y.e... haha

Comment

If you don't know some of the acronyms, look in the FAQ's. The moderators for this forum have spent some time putting them in there for everyone. Some of them I had never seen. That's part of why I love these guys, so much to learn and share with them, and well, the personalities are great.

Comment

no joke, thanks a bunch guys! in the short time I've been a mjr member, I've learned a ton, hope no one minds my silly questions about how to pump the gas or whatever... haha

Comment

just so long s you know which hole the oil goes in, and which one the radiator fluid goes in. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X