Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK: Coilover Install

Well I decided that I had some time tonight so I started my install. I will say that these were super easy to install so now I just have to get my lazy but down the hill to Anaheim and pick up the lower mounts so i can finish her up. It took about 2.5 hours to install these and take the old stuff out.......

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Scott,

That is looking bad ass! You guys that still have the big buck jobs are killing me. If you need me to spot you though Rattlesnake extra credits or Mottino next week let me know. My old junk is still hanging in there for now. Looking nice.

Mitch

Comment

Im good with mottino lol thats trail is to rich for me lol. I dont want to scratch the Jeep lol. ill stick to rattlesnake canyon

Comment

What are the advantages of going with the coil spring shock, over what you had? Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Bad F N Z View Post
          What are the advantages of going with the coil spring shock, over what you had? Kevin
          I will now have the option to fine tune my front suspension to my liking by swapping spring rates, I will also be able to level off the suspension because it sat low in the front.

Comment

Can you let us know how well they work on and off road. Also what kind of mount is the lower mount?

mk

Comment

Looking good Scott.
              Check out .

Comment

Thanks Chuck

Well i got the coilovers in and the one thing that worries me is the amount of uptravel i have with them set at the ride height i want

Comment

I only have about 3 inches of up travel sitting at the ride height i want

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                    I only have about 3 inches of up travel sitting at the ride height i want
                    Make the upper mount higher.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

if your up travel is as large as your pictures, i'd be worried too.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                        if your up travel is as large as your pictures, i'd be worried too.
                        Yeah those are pics at full droop

I ended up with about 4 3/4 up travel with the weight of the jeep on the coilovers

Comment

....:shout:SWEET!
                          John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                          X